boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We don't need to improve!

We were a bad call away from maybe winning in GB two years ago and last year was just a lol fluke so we're basically a 12-4 team still.

Fans think that. What is chilling is so does the front office.

Reaction score
Really looks like they have to absolutely kill it in the draft to have any real hopes of improvement.
They've basically painted themselves into a corner and have to take Bosa. Either that or they have to bring Hardy back. I can't imagine trying to go to 2016 with the DEs we have now and maybe a 2nd or 3rd round rookie.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They've basically painted themselves into a corner and have to take Bosa. Either that or they have to bring Hardy back. I can't imagine trying to go to 2016 with the DEs we have now and maybe a 2nd or 3rd round rookie.

Even if they go with Bosa or trade down and take someone else (like the Clemson guys) there's no guarantee any of them will be really productive this year. Rookie DE production typically isn't all that great, even with the highest picked guys.

Hardy I wouldn't bring back at all. He had his chance and blew it. he didn't make the effort to be a great player last yr, it wont be any different this time either.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Be prepared for Hardy to come back. He's getting no interest from any other teams. They will likely sign him to another 1 year incentive laden deal for a lot less money.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess they thought they had Adrian Clayborne in the bag. They should have done more to get the guy to at least make the trip to Dallas.

I actually still believe Gregory can be a really good DE, but they cant trust him and at a minimum needed a starter for the first 4 games. Clayborne would have been a decent guy for that role.

I think we will all learn a lot more of what the team thinks of Gregory's situation next month. if they pick Bosa (or someone like Lawson) then we know they have absolutely zero faith in Gregory's future.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here is a report on Bosa

DALLAS

Cowboys must shift free-agent pass-rush focus to Jack Crawford

Report: New England Patriots to sign DE Chris Long

Indianapolis Colts agree to terms with RB Robert Turbin

Report: Eagles, CB Nolan Carroll come to terms

Former Cowboys OL Mackenzy Bernadeau grateful for time in Dallas

Former Alabama RB Derrick Henry set to visit Cowboys

Report: Cowboys to hire Lionel Vital as senior personnel exec

Report: Former Bengals CB Leon Hall to visit Dallas

Report: FS Dashon Goldson to visit Dallas Cowboys

Report: NFL, Union close to removing Goodell's discipline power
List
Headlines
Report: Cowboys scheduled to visit with Ohio State DE Joey Bosa
Jeffrey Kahn - 19 hours ago 12
Newsletter

Joey Bosa will soon be visiting the Dallas Cowboys.

According to NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline, the Ohio State standout will workout or officially take a visit to Valley Ranch. The Cowboys recently attended the defensive lineman's Pro Day in Columbus.

Via Pauline:

"Joey Bosa is receiving very positive reviews for his workout [on March 11]. He was faster (under 4.8 on most watches), stronger (28 on the bench) and significantly better in drills. Most on hand thought his position workout was outstanding. In the coming weeks, Bosa will work out or officially visit the Tennessee Titans (who met with him after the workout), Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys and Jacksonville Jaguars."

Bosa is heavily projected to land with the Cowboys in April. The majority of mock drafts have the Cowboys taking him at No. 4 overall.

While Bosa seems like a no-brainer for the Cowboys to improve their pass rush, the defensive lineman has some serious rumors attached to his name. Per Charlie Campbell of WalterFootball.com, NFL teams are having concerns with Bosa and teammate Ezekiel Elliott over hard-party drug usage. If the rumor becomes a reality, the Cowboys might want to back off considering their recent draft history (see Randy Gregory and his four-game suspension to start 2016).

Related: Report: Cowboys meet with Oregon LB Joe Walker

However, it's just a rumor running hot right now and we'll leave it at that. The Cowboys already know plenty on Bosa and even Elliott, and they'll get a chance to further evaluate the pass rusher when they host him on a visit

Last edited:
Reaction score
Even if they go with Bosa or trade down and take someone else (like the Clemson guys) there's no guarantee any of them will be really productive this year. Rookie DE production typically isn't all that great, even with the highest picked guys.

Hardy I wouldn't bring back at all. He had his chance and blew it. he didn't make the effort to be a great player last yr, it wont be any different this time either.
Totally agree. But I don't think the team realizes this.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Gregory getting suspended for four games and now being in a position to miss 10 games for his next infraction And an entire season for the following one has really fucked things up! He already has three infractions in his rookie year alone and has proven he can not be trusted. That coupled with us NOT signing a DE in FA has really fucked up our draft needs

I'm going to be pissed if his suspension is the reason we don't draft a QB

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Bosa scares the shit out of me. Want nothing to do with him.

Same. No thanks.

Good(?) thing is, I can't see them drafting him because they have Lawrence and Gregory. The Jones Boys (Garrett included) love trying to prove themselves right. And it's not like Bosa doesn't have some character flags himself anyway.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bosa scares the shit out of me. Want nothing to do with him.

He was pretty dominant at Ohio State.

If the party and drug stuff is true I want nothing to do with him either, but if he's clean he looks like a pretty solid prospect to me.

That said, sign me up for QB or Elliott with our first pick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it was David Moore saying he expects signings by tomorrow.

I can hardly wait, I'm sure these are going to be top of the line difference makers we land.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
1. Former Cowboys running back Lance Dunbar will visit with the Chicago Bears, per ESPN.

I must say I'm a little surprised at the pseudo interest he is garnering. I think this is his 3rd or 4th visit.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I must say I'm a little surprised at the pseudo interest he is garnering. I think this is his 3rd or 4th visit.

I'm not surprised at all, dude is always injured. That's the reason I don't want him back in Dallas.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind him back on the cheap for nothing else than to be Romo's safety net out of the backfield

He was our leading receiver before he got injured last year

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not surprised at all, dude is always injured. That's the reason I don't want him back in Dallas.

That's why I am surprised, he's had a few nice games but has been injured a ton. I was surprised anyone even brought him in for a visit.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
My beef with Bosa is that I think he has about topped out. Little room for improvement. You look at the vast majority of the tackles he faced this year and most of them will not even see the practice squad in the NFL. And he still only got 7.5 sacks despite teams having to come from behind all year.
He is not worth a top 5 pick. But we are so desperate we might take him.
Lets face it
Gregory is done; when you cannot control yourself it is just a matter of time and I bet the boys have all but written him off; certainly at the least they should not count on him at all.
So that just leaves Lawrence as our ONLY pass rusher.

Top Bottom