Reaction score
Doug Free is going to be a free agent. So is Jermey Parnell.

Those two combined to start at right tackle for the Cowboys last season, and played well. Free opened the season as the starter, but missed five regular-season games with foot injuries.

Parnell proved to be a capable replacement in the regular season, and went on to start the Cowboys’ two playoff games as Free continued to deal with his injury that ultimately required surgery.

“That’s another decision we have to make,” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said. “Jermey played really well and I think a lot of teams will throw on the tape and watch him play and probably a lot of people will consider him a starter.

“We’ll have to make a tough decision there with Doug and Jermey. Hopefully we’ll at least keep one of them.”

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Keeping one at a reasonable contract is definitely a plus for us.

Otherwise they'll have to find a suitable replacement via free agency or the draft.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Isn't Martin supposed to move to right tackle at some point?

That was the talk when we drafted him, but I think several coaches and maybe Jerruh have said since the season started that he's just too good at G to move at this point.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Isn't Martin supposed to move to right tackle at some point?

I have always thought the talk about Martin playing RT was more wishful thinking from the fans. I have always read quotes from the Cowboys staff that said they considered him an OG when they drafted him and I have not read that anything has changed. I think Martin is s great guard, but butbhebhas some physical limitations that will make him an average RT.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He is a great guard and I can see the argument that he should stay there. Still, he was a 4 year starter at Left Tackle for the Domers and supposedly a few teams had a top 10 grade on him as a Tackle.

I personally think he would be fine at Right Tackle.

Top Bottom