dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
1) Make your 3 round prediction on who you want (reasonably) the Cowboys to draft

2) Name 3 guys you don't want the Cowboys to draft at #28 and why

3) What day 3 sleeper gem most interests you for our Boys?

4) Yes or no, Cowboys trade for a veteran defensive player (and who)

5) Yes or no, with this draft being universally regarded as deep at both DL and DB, would you trade next year's 1st rd pick and maybe a late rd pick this year to net an extra 2nd rd pick this year? Remember its likely the Cowboys will net 4 comp picks in next years draft as well.

6) Most overrated player in this draft is ______________

7) Most surprising name we'll hear called in 1st rd is _____________

8) Would your opinion of Philly fans change (for the good) if they hurled bricks and cinder blocks at Goodell and connected?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
1) Make your 3 round prediction on who you want (reasonably) the Cowboys to draft
1) I thought all along McKinley is the guy. I got a feeling they have their eye on MCDowell,they love long limbed D Linemen.
2) Shaheen, Witten is likely a goner after this year, no guarenteed money on his extension.
3) Sidney Jones. Jerry cant help himself and might be value here.

John Ross, injury waiting to happen.
Jabril Peppers,has no position.
Obi Melifonwu, lacks instincts, enough said.

Blair Brown LB Ohio. They probably end up with Fred Ross, Dak's old WR from MSU.

I think Richardson is a possibility. If it happens they'll trade a mid rounder from the 2018 draft where they have the extra comp picks.

5) Yes or no, with this draft being universally regarded as deep at both DL and DB, would you trade next year's 1st rd pick and maybe a late rd pick this year to net an extra 2nd rd pick this year? Remember its likely the Cowboys will net 4 comp picks in next years draft as well
No this team has no business trading away future number ones. With the red headed genius at the helm, they are just as likely to pick top 10 next year as anybody else.

Take your pick from Trubisky, Peppers or Melifonwu.

Curtis Samuel. He is a baller but where does he play.

8) Would your opinion of Philly fans change (for the good) if they hurled bricks and cinder blocks at Goodell and connected?
I prefer a greasy cheese steak shoved up his ass.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
1. Taco Charlton
2. Fabien Moreau (really want Tre'davious White)
3. Justin Evans

Obi is the only guy I'm hoping we don't take in first round, or another TE unless it's Howard

No veteran trades this year (or any year with Jerry)

#5 YES YES YES... we are close, need to strike now for our D. If there are any pass rushers or db's available midway thru 2nd round then trade away that #1 next year...

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
1) 1. TJ Watt DE Wisconsin 2. Teez Tabor CB Florida 3. Ben Gedeon LB Michigan

2) Tak McKinley (injury concerns), Obi Melifonwu (Byron Jones mk.2?), Tim Williams (Randy Gregory mk.2?)

3) Chris Odom DE Arkansas State
https://youtu.be/FnOAwNy-M5s

4) No

5) No

6) Most overrated player in this draft is Trubisky or Fournette.

7) Most surprising name we'll hear called in 1st rd is - not sure they'll be any surprises, maybe Mahommes, Davis Webb or Alvin Kamara.

8) Nah.

Last edited:

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
#8: Philly fans are crap always and forever
Not sure why all the hatred for Goddell, I think he's done a good job

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't follow college football close enough to answer those questions. who do you not want to go Philly, Wash and NY in RD 1? would like to see McCaffrey and Cook go somewhere other than Philly or NY.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Maybe I'm biased, sorry, but I'm not afraid of McCaffrey.

I don't want to see Cook, OJ Howard, or Joe Mixon in this division.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Maybe I'm biased, sorry, but I'm not afraid of McCaffrey.

I don't want to see Cook, OJ Howard, or Joe Mixon in this division.

If some team uses him like the Pats do James White and Dion Lewis, think we have the horses in the back 7 to contain him?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Make your 3 round prediction on who you want (reasonably) the Cowboys to draft

Lots of options I'd be happy with but for this I'll go with 1) TJ Watt 2) Quincy Wilson 3) Demarcus Walker. Have doubts Wilson and Walker make it to our pick, and Watt might not either though.

Name 3 guys you don't want the Cowboys to draft at #28 and why

None of the OL. TE David NJoku, Budda Baker

What day 3 sleeper gem most interests you for our Boys?

I've got two. CB Brandon Langley (started career at UGA, finished at Lamar). Langley has good size and excellent speed, and this past year finally became a playmaker at CB. DE Avery Moss Youngstown St. Read when we went to work out his teammate Derek Rivers (also like) that we spent a lot of time on Moss too. Moss like Langley started at a bigger program (Nebraska) got into a little trouble and moved on, but has the build and talent to be a good 4-3 DE. Was also really productive this past year.

Yes or no, Cowboys trade for a veteran defensive player (and who)

No

Yes or no, with this draft being universally regarded as deep at both DL and DB, would you trade next year's 1st rd pick and maybe a late rd pick this year to net an extra 2nd rd pick this year? Remember its likely the Cowboys will net 4 comp picks in next years draft as well.

Normally I would say no, but this isn't a normal situation. This draft is well stocked where we need the most help. We will have 3-4 extra picks next year. If they believe flipping next years first (which I do believe will be a late 1st) and can get a guy who's a walk in starter or very key contributor, I'm all in on it. Might have to include a later pick this year with the 1st next to get it done, but IMO well worth it. We have most of the key cornerstone pieces in place (especially offensively at QB, RB, WR, LT) so sacrificing next years likely late 1st rd choice to get another key piece on defense now makes sense to me.

Most overrated player in this draft is ______________

Any of the QB's being talked about in 1st rd. I think this is going to be a really lousy QB draft and would bet the best QB in this draft 3 years down the road is a guy chosen much later than guys like Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, Kizer & Webb

Most surprising name we'll hear called in 1st rd is _____________

Tyus Bowser and/or Jarrard Davis

Would your opinion of Philly fans change (for the good) if they hurled bricks and cinder blocks at Goodell and connected?

If they take him out, I'll move them out of a tie with ISIS and Taliban on most hated list

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Shocker

I guess anything is possible, but unless there's a rash of major injuries to guys they just cant lose (like Prescott for instance) I don't see how you'd believe after last year that winning 9-10-11 games isn't pretty much a given. The offense should be pretty dominant and while there will be all kinds of questions about the defense, they pieced together a respectable defense with a bunch of jags. It's not like we're replacing guys who were elite players at their positions or something.

Reaction score
Make your 3 round prediction on who you want (reasonably) the Cowboys to draft

. According to Matt Millers Big Board rankings we could get (and I would be happy):

28 Safety Budda Baker
60 DE Jordan Willis
92 CB Rosul Douglas
133 WR Dede Westbrook
211 LB Ben Boulware
231 DT Grover Stewart
246 WR Fred Ross

Mike Williams. JuJu Schuster and TJ Watt. (I'm sure unpopular but I just wonder what hype he would have without the family name. Numbers remind me of Bobby Carpenter with less experience.)

WR Dede Westbrook. Speed and hands 19.1 ypc. Forced Ohio State to gameplan against him.

No. They will wait until June 1st and sign some beef.

5) Yes or no, with this draft being universally regarded as deep at both DL and DB, would you trade next year's 1st rd pick and maybe a late rd pick this year to net an extra 2nd rd pick this year? Remember its likely the Cowboys will net 4 comp picks in next years draft as well.

Yes. For Miles Garrett only.

TJ Watt

Terrell Bashem

No. I never punish character consistency

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I kinda of doubt Dede Westbrook is gonna be on our draft board. Dude's been arrested two or three times for domestic violence I think.

Him and Mixon were quite the pair at OU.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I also don't get the Bobby Carpenter TJ Watt comparison. Only thing I see as similar are both are white guys who played in the Big 10.

Watt is eons more talented than Carpenter was. Watt is also nearly 6'5, Carpenter was barely 6'2.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

1. TJ Watt, Fabian Moreau, Teez Tabor

2. Gabril Peppers, Obi Melifonwu, Takk McKinley. The first two are being severely overrated. Takk's injury history worries me. We need guys that will be ready going into camp and he likely won't be ready until the end of camp at the earliest.

3. Not real familiar with the guys at the end of the draft. Although I think they should be open to taking another QB late.

4. No

5. No, I do not want them to mortgage any future picks.

6. Gabrill Peppers

7. Joe Mixon or Conley

8. Meh, It would be hilarious but Philly fans will still suck.

Edit: replace Fabian Moreau with Tre'Davious White. Also I would still want Watt but would also love to get Derek Barnett

Last edited:
Reaction score
I kinda of doubt Dede Westbrook is gonna be on our draft board. Dude's been arrested two or three times for domestic violence I think.

Him and Mixon were quite the pair at OU.

I think he was one of the Dallas pre draft visits.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I predict we take someone we shouldn't in the second round

Either someone injured or with legal issues. Just a feeling I get. No idea why.

Top Bottom