Reaction score
Did you guys see this? #process #RKGs

http://deadspin.com/cowboys-and-raiders-brawl-at-joint-practice-1620531048

Cowboys And Raiders Brawl At Joint Practice
Sean Newel

The Cowboys and Raiders held a joint practice today in Oxnard, California. They did so in front of a significant police presence because Oxnard's two largest gangs—Colonia Chiques and the Southside Chiques—wear the colors of the Cowboys and Raiders, respectively. It wasn't the gangs that broke the peace in Oxnard today, though, it was the Cowboys and Raiders.

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/D319C972BF1111138712114601984_27fbfc0647d.2.1.4939 261136697336915.mp4?versionId=MerBA8GTNc0chLOCDYpw IHNuG3E7iZF7[/video]

Though it's hard to tell from this recording, Pat Doney of NBC Dallas-Fort Worth says it spilled into the stands where Raiders fans were watching practice. And they weren't finished; there were actually two fights at practice today. This one was between the Raiders offense and the Dallas defense, but after everyone settled down, the Raiders defense and Dallas offense got in on the act.

Update: A reader alerted us to footage he filmed right in the thick of the brawl and you can definitely see someone in the crowd hit a player with the Raiders helmet he's holding.

http://instagram.com/p/rntQtPxHeG/

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They've been saying on the Ticket that there were two rules before the practice:

1) No tackling.
2) No fighting.

#discipline

Also, watching how it got started... Mo Claiborne is a moron. Really one of the least likable players we've had in a long time.

Reaction score
Listening to his press conferences, Garrett is encouraging "competitiveness" and seems to want his players to show a mean-streak during practice.

Several times this training camp I've wondered if some of the players weren't putting on a mean-streak act for Garrett's benefit.

Reaction score
Every year Garrett tries to take this team in some different direction... He seems schizophrenic. How can you like what he's building here and tout his process when it's different every year?

Reaction score
In that second clip there's an officer who you see at the very end who is just standing there... You can see him walking up on the left/upper side of the video early on. He's definitely not in a rush to get involved.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They've been saying on the Ticket that there were two rules before the practice:

1) No tackling.
2) No fighting.

#discipline

Also, watching how it got started... Mo Claiborne is a moron. Really one of the least likable players we've had in a long time.

First, it sounds like the Raiders instigated alot of this stuff (even their fans)

Second, I know you hate Claiborne (have no idea why other than perhaps he hasnt been as good as we would have hoped) but playing with more of an attitude and being more physical are things he needed to do to become a better player. He clearly looks bigger to me in pics I have seen.

I actually like the stuff I have read about him this offseason and training camp. I hope he can stay healthy because we need him to be a good player here.

Reaction score
Jason's mantra for this year is fight. Interestingly he lumps the coaches in as those who should be fighting as well. Read that as fighting for his job next year. Schizophrenia often involves paranoia which Jason does not seem to have. He seems unaffected by what standard statistics are saying about him. And he seems not to hear any voices or see things because he seems insulated from anything outside of his own fantasy world.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jason's mantra for this year is fight. Interestingly he lumps the coaches in as those who should be fighting as well. Read that as fighting for his job next year. Schizophrenia often involves paranoia which Jason does not seem to have. He seems unaffected by what standard statistics are saying about him. And he seems not to hear any voices or see things because he seems insulated from anything outside of his own fantasy world.
I guess that happens when you've been guaranteed a job because you're so tight with the boss for, oh, about eight years now.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
How do Raiders fans instigate a fight on the field?

I didn't see where he said they started stuff on the field, but when the fight was going on along the sidelines, a Raiders fan swung a helmet at BW Webb. I could see how that could escalate things, both there and on the field later.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So what are you even arguing here?

Why don't you explain how fans in the stands 15 yards from where the fight started are to blame for that melee.

Reaction score
The fan was all like hell everyone else is beating BW Webb I might as well too!

Get it?

Get it?

He gets beat a lot.

Because he sucks.

Hahahahahahahahahhaha

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's better than that Demarcus Ware "here let me help you up, Eli" attitude.

Top Bottom