cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I absolutely hated the trade. This roster could not afford giving up two high draft picks for one player.

Thought the position was stupid too. We had just signed Carr to a huge deal, Scandrick was signed to a healthy deal, and still had Mike Jenkins playing in his contract year.

I did think Claiborne would be a better player than he has been but felt he was nowhere as good as Patrick Peterson. The Deion talk was and is laughable. The Rams desperately needed a CB and yet they were willing to trade away from Claiborne.

Just think had we used the picks, as rumored, on Michael Brockers and Bobby Wagner, and let the Mike Jenkins situation play out, we'd be in an ideal position to draft either Justin Gilbert or Darqueze Dennard at 16 right now. Meanwhile, Claiborne has not made a difference or any impact these past two years.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, we'd be so much better off with Brockers and Wagner. Sad that didn't happen.

And Scandrick played surprisingly well last year. We might not even have had to use a high pick on a corner.

Reaction score
Of course, when I found out our 2nd would've been Bobby Wagner, I was all likes that's dumb were stacked at lb with lee and carter.

:lol @ my football IQ

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I applauded the move.

No problem admitting being wrong.

All joking aside, one of the biggest difference between the DCU and the Zone. No one expects internet posters to be right all the time and we all give/get shit for being wrong but no one takes it personally. More importantly, no one deletes posts to try to portray the I'm always right persona that some like to pretend they have.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Of course, when I found out our 2nd would've been Bobby Wagner, I was all likes that's dumb were stacked at lb with lee and carter.

:lol @ my football IQ

I loved, loved, loved Bobby Wagner but when I heard we would have taken him in the 2nd my reaction was "why? we are set at LB." I also did not want Brockers at all. Wrong and wrong.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Everyone acts like they were all over Brockers or something. It seemed almost universal then that nobody wanted him.

Same thing with Dontari Poe.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The point is, Stephen (I think, or maybe it was Jerry) came out later and said that's who they would have taken. So it wasn't just a rumor. And it was also shortly after that draft, so it wasn't like they only said it after those guys turned out to be good players.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The point is, Stephen (I think, or maybe it was Jerry) came out later and said that's who they would have taken. So it wasn't just a rumor. And it was also shortly after that draft, so it wasn't like they only said it after those guys turned out to be good players.

Oh there was no question they liked Brockers. and I clearly remember people in multiple forums belly aching about it heading up to the draft. "Please don't draft this LSU DL!!!!"..."They all are busts!!!!"...."he's another Spears and Tyson Jackson!!!!"

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I absolutely hated the trade. This roster could not afford giving up two high draft picks for one player.

Thought the position was stupid too. We had just signed Carr to a huge deal, Scandrick was signed to a healthy deal, and still had Mike Jenkins playing in his contract year.

I did think Claiborne would be a better player than he has been but felt he was nowhere as good as Patrick Peterson. The Deion talk was and is laughable. The Rams desperately needed a CB and yet they were willing to trade away from Claiborne.

Just think had we used the picks, as rumored, on Michael Brockers and Bobby Wagner, and let the Mike Jenkins situation play out, we'd be in an ideal position to draft either Justin Gilbert or Darqueze Dennard at 16 right now. Meanwhile, Claiborne has not made a difference or any impact these past two years.

Kyle Fuller would have been perfect for our type of defense.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Oh there was no question they liked Brockers. and I clearly remember people in multiple forums belly aching about it heading up to the draft. "Please don't draft this LSU DL!!!!"..."They all are busts!!!!"...."he's another Spears and Tyson Jackson!!!!"

Yep, I remember that...

Top Bottom