bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Bucs release Tanard Jackson

Updated: April 10, 2012, 1:35 PM ET
By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com
EMAIL
PRINT
TAMPA, Fla. -- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers released safety Tanard Jackson, general manager Mark Dominik said Tuesday morning.

More From ESPN.com
New Bucs coach Greg Schiano sent a message to his entire team by releasing safety Tanard Jackson, writes Pat Yasinskas. Blog

Dominik said the 26-year-old Jackson failed a physical. Jackson has been recovering from a shoulder injury.

Jackson had been with the Buccaneers since 2007, but he's had a troubled career. He was suspended for violating the league's substance-abuse policy two games into the 2010 season and returned for the final 10 games last year.

Dominik emphasized that he was not aware of any failed drug tests or disciplinary action coming down from the league.

"What's important to us as an organization is the growth of our football players," Dominik said. "And how they handle on and off the field to become the best Buccaneer possible. That's what we're looking for."

Jackson started every game he ever played for the Buccaneers and has 10 career interceptions

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He plays the safety position better then the current mega-jag's we have there now. He's also on Strike 2 so he either performs or he is done.

Our defense needs a thug.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He plays the safety position better then the current mega-jag's we have there now. He's also on Strike 2 so he either performs or he is done.

not one who's likely to be suspended in a month or two

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I haven't seen that. Why is he about to get suspended in a month or two?

Reaction score

This is virtually line by line the justification I had for PacMan. Especially the "last chance, got to perform" line.

Was burned there.

Turns out a zebra doesn't change his spots (shout out to cr122).

Not interested.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
It would eliminate any chance we take Barron at 14 which I am completely against.
This is virtually line by line the justification I had for PacMan. Especially the "last chance, got to perform" line.

Was burned there.

Turns out a zebra doesn't change his spots (shout out to cr122).

Not interested.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

It's a poor man's PacMan Jones situation. (I say poor man's because he's not as much a troublemaker as PacMan was/is)

No thanks.

Top Bottom