cowboysportsblog

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.cowboysportsblog.com/app...adie-james-finally-coming-on-ehhh-not-really-

I've been surprised at the sudden and rapid decline of Bradie James. Coming into the Rams game, middle linebacker Bradie James had started all 5 games while amassing only 6 tackles. That's so awful I can barely think of an analogy. It would be like a running back starting 6 games and having about 90 yards. Granted, James has acctually seen less snaps than Keith Brooking, but still. In 107 snaps in the first 5 games James had 6 tackles. He equaled that number in just 27 snaps against the Rams. Six tackles, especially for someone with a career like Bradie James, is nothing to be amazed about, but my friend tried to suggest that it was enough to suggest that James was still good. No.

I went to the play-by-play box score for the game and looked at every play James was involved in. The six tackles were almost, in a weird way, a testiment to how bad he has become.

These were the six tackles. I litterally have the entire game downloaded and watched each one of these plays as I was writing.

First Quarter

(9:33) 4-A.Feeley pass short middle to 83-B.Lloyd to STL 32 for 12 yards (56-B.James). Pass complete on a slant. >Tackle after a 12 yard gain is a negative, not a positive.

(8:05) 4-A.Feeley pass short middle to 47-B.Bajema to STL 40 for 8 yards (56-B.James). Pass complete on a curl. >Another downfield tackle.

(2:46) 39-S.Jackson up the middle to STL 42 for 1 yard (56-B.James). >Good play. Solid Tackle. Help from Sean Lee.

(1:29) 39-S.Jackson right end to 50 for 5 yards (56-B.James; 43-G.Sensabaugh). >Five Yard gains are positive plays and he had help from Sensabaugh.

Second Quarter

(5:04) (Shotgun) 4-A.Feeley pass short right to 86-M.Hoomanawanui to STL 14 for 1 yard (99-K.Coleman, 56-B.James) [94-D.Ware]. Tight end screen pass. >Three man tackle. He was the third one there. The guy was already tackled.

Third Quarter

:)26) 4-A.Feeley pass short middle to 39-S.Jackson to STL 5 for 3 yards (56-B.James). Pass complete off play action out of the backfield. >It was first and 11 at the Rams 1. Feeley was just dumping it off.

He wasn't involved in a fourth quarter play. The saddest part is that on a lot of run plays he looks a little lost. He's no good anymore. He might be worse than Keith Brooking. They are both average at best.

Reaction score
IMO, he's still not really getting the new defensive scheme. It may take him most of the season to pick it up, but don't try to tell me that he just all of a sudden sucks when he's had over 130 tackles for the past 5 or 6 seasons now. Its senseless.

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He stripped the ball in NE which was a huge play. And it's a mistake to evaluate Bradie James on tackles in this defense. He's still a good role player for this team.

Top Bottom