dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Weems didn’t have a terrible first half. I think you are just regurgitating the same bullshit others are saying. I don’t think he was great, but he held his own. Actually try watching him ONLY throughout the game. Don’t take offense, most of the fucks here don’t watch the games.

I watched it though, and he didn't look good.

He did seem to play better in the 2nd half, but that was also against lesser players.

Reaction score
He might make a decent #2 guy for somebody who needs depth. def isn't bad a 3rd option, but we have Swaim for 3rd TE now and have him locked up for several yrs under rookie deal.

I like Hannah, and think given the opportunity he'd do well for us.

But let's be realistic.... he has zero trade value. He's just a guy that even if teams liked, they know he'd likely be available via cuts. And truthfully, there will be a number of potentially decent TEs out there after cuts. Even if they're not as good as Hanna, they wouldn't require giving up a draft pick. Also if a team signed him after his release, they could sign him to a cheap multi year deal. Whereas if they trade for him, not only will they lose a draft pick but they'll also have to redo his deal in a year or potentially lose him to FA.

Again, like the player but IMO he has zero trade value.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I like Hannah, and think given the opportunity he'd do well for us.

But let's be realistic.... he has zero trade value. He's just a guy that even if teams liked, they know he'd likely be available via cuts. And truthfully, there will be a number of potentially decent TEs out there after cuts. Even if they're not as good as Hanna, they wouldn't require giving up a draft pick. Also if a team signed him after his release, they could sign him to a cheap multi year deal. Whereas if they trade for him, not only will they lose a draft pick but they'll also have to redo his deal in a year or potentially lose him to FA.

Again, like the player but IMO he has zero trade value.

Teams trade for guys like Hanna every yr at the trade deadline. Its usually a late rd pick and it ensures they don't have to compete with anyone to get him, and he is still on his cheap rookie deal.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jeez guys, I think Swaim looks like a very good pick, too... But can we not even use his name in the same sentence as Witten?

Unless you're saying, "He'll never be anything close to Witten."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jeez guys, I think Swaim looks like a very good pick, too... But can we not even use his name in the same sentence as Witten?

Unless you're saying, "He'll never be anything close to Witten."

"He plays the same position as Witten"

Reaction score
Hanna is a on-the-line pass catching TE who the Cowboys primarily use as a blocker. ... and Hanna does pretty well in that role.

Sounds a lot like Swaim's situation as a Longhorn.

Reaction score
Teams trade for guys like Hanna every yr at the trade deadline. Its usually a late rd pick and it ensures they don't have to compete with anyone to get him, and he is still on his cheap rookie deal.

Ok. How about a friendly wager:

If a team trades for Hanna, I'll stop making fun of you forever. But if no one trades for him, you have to commit suicide.

Deal?

Reaction score
I wouldn't say freakish athlete though. More like he makes it look effortless.

The one and virtually only one trait that Hanna had coming into the league and leaving the Combine was his 4.48/40. I think that puts him right behind Vernon Davis in TE speed. But taking your vehicle that you bought for speed and using it to plow your driveway intermittently just seems like a waste. Martellus Bennett was used on bubble screens which also seemed I'll conceived. Escobar is tall and I have yet to see them use him fully for his advantage rather than jus the same routes everyone runs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok. How about a friendly wager:

If a team trades for Hanna, I'll stop making fun of you forever. But if no one trades for him, you have to commit suicide.

Deal?

I'd rather you just stop sucking dick

Top Bottom