VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I remember something like this happening over 20 years ago, when a guy was knifed in the chest and it stuck in his bible.

An RTA bus driver in Dayton, Ohio, had a miraculous escape from death Monday morning when he was shot twice in the chest in an apparent gang initiation. The bullets were stopped by the driver’s copy of a religious devotional titled "The Message,” a modern translation of the Bible.

Rickey Wagoner, 49, of Trotwood was assaulted by three men as he stood outside his bus. Sgt. Michael Pauley of the Dayton Police Department said, "His bus had stopped running and he got out to see what the problem was," Wagoner, who was shot in the chest twice and the leg once, described his assailants as late-teen black males, possibly acting in a gang initiation; he told police that he heard one of the suspects tell another to kill him "if you want to be all the way in the club."

Wagoner said one of the suspects fired at his chest twice, then lost the gun to Wagoner as they wrestled, prompting another suspect to shoot him in the leg. Wagoner said he pulled out an aluminum pen and added, "I stabbed one in the leg with my pen. He hollered and that's when they all ran."

Link

Reaction score
If he was a christian he ought to be pissed that his life was saved. Becuase if it wasn't for that damned book, he'd be in heaven right now which is supposed to be all paradisey and shit.

Poor guy.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And how do they know he wouldn't have survived the bullet? If it can't go trough half a book (they said it was New Testament only) then it doesn't sound like a very strong bullet. Sounds like this was a pellet gun to me.

Reaction score
I certainly wish that instead of using that book as a basis for living, we use it for what it's actually good for - stopping bullets.

But it can't even do that as well as kevlar. So we probably won't.

Top Bottom