Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Associated Press

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bears added to their backfield and defensive line, agreeing to a two-year contract with running back Marion Barber and a one-year deal with nose tackle Amobi Okoye on Saturday.

The also re-signed cornerback and special teams contributor Corey Graham to a one-year deal.

Seifert: Wild Start For Bears

Seifert Behind a whrilwind of transactions, the Bears have had a wild start to their year. ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert can't wait to see what's next. Blog

• Bears blog | ESPNChicago.com

Barber spent the last six seasons with the Dallas Cowboys, running for 4,358 yards and 47 touchdowns -- sixth in the NFL during that span. He added 1,280 yards receiving.

He was officially released by the Cowboys this week along with former Pro Bowl receiver Roy Williams, who joined the Bears on Friday.

Okoye wasn't out of work for long, either, after being cut by Houston on Saturday.

The youngest first-round draft pick in NFL history when he was taken 10th overall in 2007 at age 19, he had a career-high 44 tackles in 2010, including three sacks. But the Texans' defense ranked among the league's worst in most categories. Houston used six of its eight draft picks on defensive players, and new defensive coordinator Wade Phillips plans to use Shaun Cody and Earl Mitchell at nose tackle, leaving Okoye out of the mix.

In four seasons with Houston, he had 138 tackles, 11 sacks, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.

Graham has appeared in 61 games over four seasons with the Bears and has 111 tackles, one interception and nine pass breakups. His 82 special teams stops rank second to Adrian Peterson's 110 on the club's list since the statistic was first recorded in 1995.

Graham led Chicago with 25 special teams tackles last season.

The Bears also waived guard Herman Johnson on Saturday.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

The perfect fit for Marion, in the NFC North.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
funny how The networks and all the national media constantly rag on the cowboys and jerry.

But as soon as our players are available they are signed immediately.

Meanwhile our team has drafted and signed our own players at all the difficult positions.
Left Tackle, Quarterback, Wr, Tight End, RB, Cornerback DE/OLB pass rusher.

all our own guys. Yet our organization gets slayed....

meanwhile the eagles have players from other organizations at almost all those positions and they are considered the smarter franchise. I simply dont understand.

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
funny how The networks and all the national media constantly rag on the cowboys and jerry.

Meanwhile our team has drafted and signed our own players at all the difficult positions.

meanwhile the eagles have players from other organizations at almost all those positions and they are considered the smarter franchise. I simply dont understand.
There is no middle ground when it comes to the Cowboys, you either love them or hate them. Period. End of story.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I don't know if this relates to what you are saying but they had the Chicago beat writer on NFLN and even he was not too impressed with the Barber and Williams pick ups.

Reaction score
I don't know if this relates to what you are saying but they had the Chicago beat writer on NFLN and even he was not too impressed with the Barber and Williams pick ups.

Why should they be? I understand one mans garbage is anothers treasure...but they were wastes of space here last season.

Reaction score
Marion Barber will lead that team to the NFC North division title. 2 yards at a time.

Cythim

Reaction score
My wife's boss is a Bears fan... he'll be watching the Chicago Cowboys this season.

Top Bottom