Reaction score
Star wars = twilight of the 80's

What's more likely? George Lucas went 3/3 and then 20 years later went 0/3; or you were just much dumber back then ?

Reaction score
the bible is not confusing at all. What gets me is the idea that all of the free thinkers and the guys way too smart to consider the bible are equally unwilling to understand it.

It completely get it if you are not down with the bible. More power to you and all of that. Leave it alone and go on with your life. If you don't care about, don't understand it and think its false then what's the obsession with making wild claims about it?

Reaction score
By the way, there is no reference of the rapture in the bible. None. That idea wasn't introduced until very recently but it never came from scripture.

Reaction score
By the way, there is no reference of the rapture in the bible. None. That idea wasn't introduced until very recently but it never came from scripture.

My question would be: Since you are of a very small minority with that belief (maybe even a heretic), why do millions of Christians believe in a rapture? Wouldn’t it make you question how so many people being lead by God would be mislead so easily?

Free thinkers are confronted with the bible all the time. Your rights always always trying to be taken away. Evolution is trying to be taken out of schools by Christians. A number of reasons why the bible has to be confronted.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
the bible is not confusing at all. What gets me is the idea that all of the free thinkers and the guys way too smart to consider the bible are equally unwilling to understand it.

It completely get it if you are not down with the bible. More power to you and all of that. Leave it alone and go on with your life. If you don't care about, don't understand it and think its false then what's the obsession with making wild claims about it?

My guess is I know more about the bible than you do amigo.

In fact studies have shown that atheists on average have greater bible knowledge than believers. We've read and studied the book, homie - that's why we don't believe it.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

The 17th century is very recently?

That's like saying that there is no mention of the Trinity in the bible so nah nah nah nah nah nah Jesus isn't God. The rapture and trinity aren't outlined by name but their believers can support their cases biblically. The issue is that you don't agree with their interpretation, but that in no way makes yours any better or more pure.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
My guess is I know more about the bible than you do amigo.

In fact studies have shown that atheists on average have greater bible knowledge than believers. We've read and studied the book, homie - that's why we don't believe it.

My guess is that your guess is wrong.

Reaction score
The 17th century is very recently?

That's like saying that there is no mention of the Trinity in the bible so nah nah nah nah nah nah Jesus isn't God. The rapture and trinity aren't outlined by name but their believers can support their cases biblically. The issue is that you don't agree with their interpretation, but that in no way makes yours any better or more pure.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. The rapture was introduced then and not popularized until later. Now it's the focal point of thousands of ministries. I'm of the belief that we should not take the bible and start making stuff up about it.

So in that sense you could say that it's not an interpretation. You can't really interpret something that is not there.

Also, the word "trinity" is not in the bible. That word is something used to describe something that is actually in the bible.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. The rapture was introduced then and not popularized until later. Now it's the focal point of thousands of ministries. I'm of the belief that we should not take the bible and start making stuff up about it.

That is the entire purpose of theology. Man's interpretation of the holy texts. And it's never been a concrete science. For instance, Arianism. This concept was not defeated divinely or by irrefutable scriptural proofs but by popular vote. A vote that came from a body of men who got their power to make such a decision from...where, exactly?

So in that sense you could say that it's not an interpretation. You can't really interpret something that is not there.

It's advocates can certainly make a strong argument that it is there, or at least alluded to strongly. No different than Trinitarianism.

Reaction score
That is the entire purpose of theology. Man's interpretation of the holy texts. And it's never been a concrete science. For instance, Arianism. This concept was not defeated divinely or by irrefutable scriptural proofs but by popular vote. A vote that came from a body of men who got their power to make such a decision from...where, exactly?

It's advocates can certainly make a strong argument that it is there, or at least alluded to strongly. No different than Trinitarianism.

Awesome. But it's not there, so trying to make it be there is not an interpretation. I thought you were an intellectual type?

Top Bottom