sbk92

Reaction score
Who is the one player you most want the Cowboys to avoid in this draft?

And lets exclude the first round quarterbacks. I think we're all on the same page there.

For me it's Prince Amukamara. I think he's a dime a dozen cornerback you can find in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. At least with Peterson you have a returner and a possible safety conversion down the road.

Dishonorable mention to J.J. Watt. I'm sure he'll be a solid player in the league but not the kind of impact player we need with that first pick.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I guess Von Miller and I wouldn't even be that upset if he was the pick.

After the QBs are out of the equation, he's my least favorite player that's ranked in the top 10.

Reaction score
Prince Amukamara. I've turned on him completely.

I watched Path to the Draft recently and Mayock and Charles Davis - two guys who I think are good - both were sold that Prince should be the pick and that we should go tackle in the second round.

Logic being, it's a considerable drop off after the top two corners in this draft, and that there is depth at tackle. Thought that the guy we got to play tackle in the second could be a good RT on opening day. They listed some names, but the only one that I recall was Franklin from Miami.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Who is the one player you most want the Cowboys to avoid in this draft?

And lets exclude the first round quarterbacks. I think we're all on the same page there.

For me it's Prince Amukamara. I think he's a dime a dozen cornerback you can find in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. At least with Peterson you have a returner and a possible safety conversion down the road.

Dishonorable mention to J.J. Watt. I'm sure he'll be a solid player in the league but not the kind of impact player we need with that first pick.

I'm assuming 1st round right? I'm with you on both Amukamara and Watt, but I will add Solder and any/all QBs.

Reaction score
Disagree with JJ Watt. While I'm not in love with drafting a 5 technique at the 9 spot, I do think Watt is the kind of kid we need more of in our locker room. Effort guys, intense guys, and of course, very talented. Great leader. If we do get this kid, I hope it's in lieu of a trade down.

Cameron Jordan is another guy I'd put on my list.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Disagree with JJ Watt. While I'm not in love with drafting a 5 technique at the 9 spot, I do think Watt is the kind of kid we need more of in our locker room. Effort guys, intense guys, and of course, very talented. Great leader. If we do get this kid, I hope it's in lieu of a trade down.

Cameron Jordan is another guy I'd put on my list.

Rather have Jordan over Watt.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'm assuming 1st round right? I'm with you on both Amukamara and Watt, but I will add Solder and any/all QBs.

Doesn't have to be 1st round, though most will focus on that since the investment is so high.

Solder's a good name.

Of the five OTs that will probably go in the first round, he'd be the last one I'd want.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
JJ Watt, Anthony Castonzo, Nate Solder, DeAndre McDaniel, Russell Shepard, any TE.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just don't like him. He stands up too tall when pass blocking. Athletic speed rushers are going to dip and go right by him in the NFL. Just my take.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I just don't like him. He stands up too tall when pass blocking. Athletic speed rushers are going to dip and go right by him in the NFL. Just my take.

True, but proper technique could be the answer.

Top Bottom