Reaction score
No kidding. Who's going to play QB for us then? Kyle Orton?

On paper it might make sense but realistically you're starting Orton and hoping
A.) a good qb prospect emerges in the next 2 years
B.) that qb is obtainable with your draft pick

You'd have to be a fan of one of the qb's in this draft to pull this off and I'm not

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Exactly.

And if there were that good a prospect at #7 or wherever, the team would just keep the pick and take him themselves.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With the qb draft class so weak...lets say arizona or the jets call for Tony Romo and offer their first rounder for him. They may feel they are ready to win now

Arizona has the 7th overall

The Jets have the 10th

Do you pull the trigger

They'd need to sweeten the deal a little, but yeah I'm definitely having that discussion.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So I guess then the plan would be to ditch the one player who makes us relevant, go 1-15, and draft...who exactly in 2014?

Except I've already shown why that isnt true. And everyone that defends Romo till they are blue in the face saw the exact same thing in 2010, and the roster was worse then.

Reaction score
Except the D had nothing to do with those picks, and I doubt the playcalling asked him to overthrow Ogletree, underthrow Austin, and throw a hideous pick to a linebacker in crunchtime. That's bad decision making, not shitty playcalling.

Romo wasnt good but I think there's more to it than "herpa derp ".

He knows his team needs to make plays and score . A 1 on 1 shot to a $95M WR isn't supposed to bite you in the ass.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve some of the blame bbgun.

I am saying that the idea of simply replacing Romo is a flawed one if we don't adress some of the other issues that work against Romo or his replacement.

Like I said last night, maybe Romo is part of the problem.

Nobody likes that idea, but there's too much evidence in these types of games to ignore it now.

But you are also right, other issues need to be addressed as well.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No kidding. Who's going to play QB for us then? Kyle Orton?

Why not?

Jon Kitna played well for us in 2010, and he had a back back and was 50 years old.

Orton has shown he can play well and did get into the playoffs. He's also younger than Romo, bigger and has a stronger arm.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly.

And if there were that good a prospect at #7 or wherever, the team would just keep the pick and take him themselves.

It depends. In the Cards situation the urgency to obtain a proven starter at QB would have been more had Whisenhunt not just got the axe. But Rex Ryan stayed in NYC and this is probably his last yr if he doesnt get back the playoffs. Scott Pioli in KC has to get it right this year or he's probably done forever as a GM. Buffalo is another situation to watch, they clearly dont have a QB there and will be bringing in another coach since Gailey got the axe. Also not sure how committed Tampa is going to be to the turnover machine they have at QB.

Reaction score
When you know for sure that your QB would do better in a Harbaugh, Fox or Payton system, then maybe you should hire a qualified person for the head coaching job before you make major roster decisions.

Tim Tebow would be starting for the 5-11 Broncos right now if Josh Daniels was still coach there.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Six QBs in this year's playoffs are either rookies or second-year guys. Stop telling yourself it's Tony or bust.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Six QBs in this year's playoffs are either rookies or second-year guys. Stop telling yourself it's Tony or bust.

Thats my issue. Romo has been very good at times, but people act like we'd be 1-15 without him, and that simply isnt true. And we've all even seen the proof of this HERE already.

Reaction score
And one completes 9 passes a game and wins
The other threw 20 picks this year
The 3rd is Russell Wilson who I liked in the draft he's obviously a stud

Reaction score

All of those teams are well-coached and have systems in place to maximize the QB's efficiency. Alex freakin Smith is not better than Romo. Tebow wasn't either. Yet, they have equal or more playoff wins.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Why not?

Jon Kitna played well for us in 2010, and he had a back back and was 50 years old.

Orton has shown he can play well and did get into the playoffs. He's also younger than Romo, bigger and has a stronger arm.

I almost want us to do this shit so Romo can go let Fitz break CJ's new record and win a super bowl in Arizona while we have a two year experiment with Orton and then go 6-10 for a decade and you retards can finally realize how retarded you are.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I almost want us to do this shit so Romo can go let Fitz break CJ's new record and win a super bowl in Arizona while we have a two year experiment with Orton and then go 6-10 for a decade and you retards can finally realize how retarded you are.

If it happens, I'll be happy to make just about any kind of bet you want that this will never happen.

He isnt a championship QB.

Top Bottom