C

Cr122

Tony Romo wants to play a lot in the preseason
Posted at 11:11 AM on Wed., Aug. 4, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

The Cowboys coaches will determine today just how much they want to play the regulars, semi-regulars and youngsters in Sunday's Hall of Fame Game against Cincinnati.

More than likely the No. 1 offense and defense will play a series or maybe two before turning it over to everybody else to impress the coaches in their fights to make the team.

I asked Romo on Tuesday if he was a guy that needed a lot of preseason work.

"Yes," he said. "Yes, I do. I do. Make sure you tell them that too."

Sorry, Tony, don't think I have that kind of pull to influence the coaches. But since Wade Phillips has been the coach, Romo has completed 90 of 133 passes for 997 yards with four touchdowns and four picks. And remember he has only played three preseason games a year because Phillips sits the starters.

So that's an average of about 15 throws a game.

Romo channeled his inner Bill Parcells when asked why he believes he needs to play in the preseason.

"Because it's fun," Romo said. "It's enjoyable. It's football. Usually football players during football season usually end up playing football. We'll try and play a little bit."
--------

C

Cr122

I think he should at least play a half against Cincy on Sunday.

Then again he should play all halfs in the preseason.

Except for the last preseason game. Play him at least a quarter.

C

Cr122

I really don't want to rely on shitna so I would rather have tony play at least a couple of quarters.

He doesn't need more than that.

Top Bottom