C

Cr122

Archer: There's no need to play Dez Bryant against Miami

11:07 PM CDT on Thursday, August 19, 2010

SportsDayDFW.com

Dallas Morning News writer Todd Archer answered questions about the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday as the Cowboys prepare to play their fourth preseason game against San Diego. Here are some highlights:

Has Tony Romo improved his passing to Roy Williams at all during camp?

They've been better this year than last year but there is still work to be done. It's just not the same as it is with the other wide outs. I wonder if Romo guides more throws to Roy instead of letting it fly.

What are the chances of Alex Barron getting work at right tackle in the event Marc Colombo is not ready?

I would have expected Free to move to the right side and Barron to play the left, but there are those at Valley Ranch that want to keep Free where he is. Barron has some right tackle experience, but he's not a powerful blocker and that's usually what you have in a right tackle. But I think Colombo will be ready in a couple of weeks and fine for the opener.

Will Jerry Jones trade some draft picks to upgrade his offensive line since a lot of them are getting hurt?

I don't see that happening. He loves draft picks and he already gave up next year's seventh rounder to take Josh Brent in the supplemental draft. Maybe player for player is more likely. But I think they're rolling with what they have.

What are the chances Dez Bryant plays in the preseason?

Hmm, I'll take the question this way - don't play him in the preseason. High ankle sprains linger. They need time. There's no need to play him vs. Miami with Stephen McGee as the quarterback just to get him some snaps. There will be plenty of time in practice to get the timing down.

To read the rest of the chat, click here.

• • •

kingdomcome1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hmmm.....I just hope Dez feels comfortable enough to get into the groove of things once he is healed.

C

Cr122

Hmmm.....I just hope Dez feels comfortable enough to get into the groove of things once he is healed.

I think he will, he definitely has the talent to.

I believe we will start him out in special teams returning punts and kickoffs, then gradually add him into the offense until he's comfortable.

Top Bottom