C

Cr122

Posted at 12:08 PM on Tue., Jul. 27, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

David Buehler led the NFL with 29 touchbacks last year, which also happened to be a team single-season record. Three times he had four touchbacks in a game. He was a big part of the Cowboys' improvement on kick coverage.

He simply didn't give the other team a chance to return the ball.

But this year the Cowboys want Buehler to be their field goal kicker, too. With all of the work involved in securing that job, I asked Buehler if it would hurt his kickoff prowess.

"Actually no," Buehler said. "It will help moreso just because I'm focused on kicking. That's my craft. That's my specialty. My main focus is on kicking field goals. That's where I have to fill the void. I have a lot of confidence in my kickoffs and I'm gaining confidence in my field goals. Kicking off and kicking field goals are two different swings, but that's my craft, so I don't have to worry about changing my cleats during the game to go on special teams and wear out my leg. I can just focus on putting the ball through the uprights and coming back and kicking off. I don't think it will hinder me at all."

Top Bottom