cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If so, what year are you in and what does your roster look like?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I wish I would have kept it. I traded it in after playing it for a month or so.

What console do you game on?

C

Cr122

If so, what year are you in and what does your roster look like?

Our first year under the name dcu best on the net, and haven't lost since week one.

If you want to join it for the rest of the season I'll hook you up with a decent team so you can compete the rest of the way.

I'm trying to get Sheik and sbk back into it, but they don't want none of this right now. I'd blow both of them out in a second. :whistle

We started with 32 teams and we are down to 22, guess they can't take the ass beating.

Reaction score
Two years ago 9when I had more time and patience) I created a team and for first year stocked them only with players from the free agent pool. Had 53 guys and my highest rated was somewhere in the high 60's. Terrible 1st year, went 1-5, then 3-13 in years two and three. However, had some really strong drafts in those first few seasons and built a great core (with a franchise QB and DL since I had back to back 1st overall picks). By my 8th season went to the Super Bowl, but lost to the Packers. Got bored with it not long after that and stopped. Sometimes I think of doing it again, though.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Two years ago 9when I had more time and patience) I created a team and for first year stocked them only with players from the free agent pool. Had 53 guys and my highest rated was somewhere in the high 60's. Terrible 1st year, went 1-5, then 3-13 in years two and three. However, had some really strong drafts in those first few seasons and built a great core (with a franchise QB and DL since I had back to back 1st overall picks). By my 8th season went to the Super Bowl, but lost to the Packers. Got bored with it not long after that and stopped. Sometimes I think of doing it again, though.

I like to play like that. It's a challenge. When you have a roster full of top notch guys it's too easy. The best part of the game is being able to scout the players and drafting. After a season or two of playing I usually just go to full simulation and let the AI be the judge of talent.

I'm not sure if it's my PS3 or if anyone else has the same problem, but my game always freezes(when I had the game) when I win the super bowl if I play the actual game instead of simulating it. The same thing happened when I won the world series in The Show. It may be a bug in my console to where my PS3 can't handle all the info of the celebration scenes in the game.

C

Cr122

I just won the Super Bowl in one of my franchise's. It was epic, I got to go to the White House and be greeted by Barack Obama.

C

Cr122

Next year 2k is putting out another football game, so Madden will have their hands full.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Next year 2k is putting out another football game, so Madden will have their hands full.

I thought Madden was the only game that could be associated with the NFL or something?

C

Cr122

I thought Madden was the only game that could be associated with the NFL or something?

From what I heard 2k is getting back into it. If I can find the info I will post it. The guys at gamestop told me this.

Reaction score
I like to play like that. It's a challenge. When you have a roster full of top notch guys it's too easy. The best part of the game is being able to scout the players and drafting. After a season or two of playing I usually just go to full simulation and let the AI be the judge of talent.[/ of QUOTE]

Far more challenging. I also capped myself on Free Agency. I could only sign three free agents a year, and I could not sign any player with a rating above 75 until I made the playoffs, then I let myself add two free agents, one impact.

What it forced me to do was really effort on scouting. Put a lot of time in, and it paid off. Over my first 3 or 4 drafts, I did not have many misses (save for a 2nd round wide out in year two who turned out to be a bum and was off my team in two seasons). I think it was year 5 before I had a stinker draft. Whiffed on a linebacker in the 1st, had no 2nd, and whiffed in the 3rd on what i think was a DT. But hey, thems the breaks.

Top Bottom