bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
On a certain level you gotta admire the Pats' guts. Hernandez ain't no scrub, and they're running out of receiving options by the day.

Reaction score
I'm kind of ready for that whole Patriots dominance of the AFC East to be over. Only problem is there isn't a team in that division that I give a shit about.

I remember when I was a youngin it was always the Dolphins and Bills battling it out. Jets and Pats were bottom feeders.

Them were the days. Marino vs Kelly.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'll never forget Bryan Cox spitting at Buffalo fans after he was ejected.

I miss those games.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
O'Brien vs Marino was just as entertaining, with Irish Boy winning 8 times to Marino's 7.

Reaction score
So ... I'm thinking Jerry will want to sign him.

You know, Jerry could assign Hernandez to Calvin Hill.

Jerry could commission three body guards to stay with Hernandez at all times.

There could be rules, like no staying out past 10:00 pm, no strip clubs, no alcohol, no more killing of other human beings.

Hernandez has lots of media potential. He could be on Hard Knocks and Dexter.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

There could be rules, like no staying out past 10:00 pm, no strip clubs, no alcohol, no more killing of other human beings.

He's also a tight end. You forgot about that.

Reaction score

LOL

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

LOL

Reaction score
Browns cut Ausar Walcott hours after attempted murder charge

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 26, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT

For the second time today, an NFL player facing serious criminal charges has been released.

The Patriots cutting Aaron Hernandez hours after he was arrested in connection with the death of Odin Lloyd will get much more attention, but the Browns have also released linebacker Ausar Walcott, hours after he was charged with attempted murder.

Walcott allegedly punched a man in the head on Sunday, and that man remains hospitalized in critical condition.

An undrafted rookie free agent, Walcott had an uphill battle just to make the Browns’ 53-man roster, so it’s not at all surprising that the Browns decided they’d rather not deal with any distractions his criminal charges could bring. (It is surprising that the Patriots acted faster in cutting Hernandez than the Browns acted in cutting Walcott.) The Browns initially released a statement saying they were aware of the situation and would not comment on an ongoing legal matter, but it didn’t take them long to decide that the simplest statement would be to announce that they cut Walcott.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Charged with murder...

3:01 p.m.: There were shell casings found in the car Hernandez rented. They were thrown away, but recovered by police. They match what was used in the homicide. Tire impressions found at the scene were consistent with the Nissan Altima Hernandez rented.

2:59 p.m.: Members of Odin Lloyd’s family just left the courtroom. When Hernandez got home after the murder, there is footage of him walking through his house with a gun.

2:56 p.m.: There are a lot of details being read in court. They have surveillance footage of Hernandez pulling onto the dirt road. Lloyd was killed at the spot he was found.

2:54 p.m.: Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to all six charges, one of murder and five of weapon charges. Hernandez was charged with murder, unlawful possession of a firearm and possession of a large capacity firearm.

2:50 p.m.: There were six to eight hours missing from Hernandez’s security system. There were 14 cameras at Hernandez’s house. Hernandez looks stoic, stone faced in the courtroom.

2:48 p.m.: Hernandez was also charged with five gun charges. Lloyd was shot five times with a semi-automatic weapon. There were text messages recovered between Hernandez and Lloyd.

2:42 p.m.: It was just announced in court that Hernandez is charged with murder. 2:27 p.m.: Odin Lloyd’s family is sitting up front in the court room. Hernandez is about to enter the court room it appears from FOX 25′s live feed.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/06/aaron-hernandez-live-blog/

Reaction score
The information is all one-sided now and it is generally a mistake to voice an opinion before hearing from the defense, BUT -- it sure sounds bad for Hernandez so far ....

(Remember when Irvin wearing a fur coat to court was a big deal?)

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
There are a lot more details being given, but the acoustics of the room are so bad I can't understand them all.

Top Bottom