76 Bill Nagy

Class: Graduated
Hometown: Hudson, Ohio
High School: Hudson
Height / Weight: 6-3 / 318
Position: OL
Experience: 2V

Honors and Awards
2010: Honorable mention All-Big Ten (coaches) ... Wayne Souza Coaches Appreciation Award (Offense)
2009: Preseason third-team All-Big Ten selection by Phil Steele
2007: Academic All-Big Ten

2010: Played against TCU in the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1 ... saw playing time against Northwestern on Nov. 27 ... named UW's co-offensive player of the week after starting at center at Michigan on Nov. 20 ... made first career start at center against Indiana on Nov. 13 ... saw playing time at Purdue on Nov. 6 ... made first career appearance at center in second half at Iowa after starter Peter Konz was injured ... got the start at tight end in win over No. 1 Ohio State on Oct. 16 ... started at tight end wearing No. 89 and, along with rest of starting offensive line, named UW's co-offensive player of the week for the Minnesota game ... donned No. 89 at lined up at tight end in jumbo package at Michigan State on Oct. 2 ... played in all five games, starting at right guard in the first four

2009: Played in only three games due to injury ... saw time against Purdue on Oct. 31 and against Ohio State on Oct. 10 ... made season debut against Wofford on Sept. 19 after missing first two games of season due to injury

2008: Earned second letter ... played in eight games, starting three ... started at right guard for the injured Eric Vanden Heuvel (Kraig Urbik moved to tackle) against Minnesota on Nov. 15 ... second-consecutive start at right guard against Illinois on Oct. 25 ... made first career start at Iowa on Oct. 18 ... played right guard after replacing injured Kraig Urbik in third quarter against Penn State on Oct. 11

2007: Earned first letter ... saw action in five games ... competed at RG for injured John Moffitt in third quarter at Minnesota on Nov. 17 ... saw first action as a Badger at guard late in game vs. The Citadel on Sept. 15

2006: Redshirted

High School: Ranked among top 45 guards in nation and among top 45 players in Ohio by Rivals.com ... PrepStar all-region choice ... rated among top 40 players in the Midwest by SuperPrep ... among top 55 offensive linemen nationally according to Scout.com ... two-time all-state selection ... Cleveland Touchdown Club's Defensive Player of the Year in 2005 ... named to Cleveland Plain Dealer and Akron Beacon Journal all-star teams in 2005 ... named to Ohio North-South All-Star team ... three-time all-conference choice ... earned team Captain's Award and was team MVP as a senior ... named to conference's all-academic team as a senior ... garnered McDonald's McScholar Athlete Award ... earned three football letters, as well as two in baseball and one in basketball ... football coach was Tom Narducci

Personal: Parents are Bill and Judy Nagy ... cousin, Amy Doman, played volleyball at Wyoming, while another cousin, Krissy Zatroch, played basketball at Kenyon College ... major is agricultural business management

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dont know anything about him. I imagine Garrett got some info/incite on him from Chryst though.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
lol

WTF

I was throwing stuff against the wall... :)

I don't think Nagy is fluid enough for guard, like in Sheik's scenario.

This was posted over at the Zone by your bud AdamJT...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/119987524.html

Bill Nagy, G, Wisconsin: 6-3, 302, 5.06. Played at Hudson (Ohio). Career backup with 11 starts, including three at RG in 2008 and eight more at RG and blocking TE in '10. "He had a moped accident that prevented him from cracking the starting lineup," one scout said. "He's so interesting. He has played tight end, center, tackle and guard, and at pro day he wanted to play fullback and tight end." Vertical jump of 30½, broad jump of 9-2 and 26 reps on the bench. "There's just no reason why he can't come to an NFL team and be a center-guard for at minimum four years," another scout said. "Every time he went into a game he played well. Between that kid and that coach there's something going on. They don't talk him up. They don't seem to think he's much of a prospect, but the tape to me shows different. I don't get why he didn't start at center or guard." Projection: Late pick or free agent.

sbk92

Reaction score
If he turns out to be a player the Cowboys deserve a ton of credit. Because he's a consensus bum everywhere I look.

Top Bottom