3 (80) - Joseph Randle, RB, Oklahoma State
4 (114) - Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois
5 (151) - Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn State
6 (185) - Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois
7 (237) - Abry Jones, DT, Georgia

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Some players in there I like, but the lack of emphasis on the OL does not work for me.

I agree.....but do you really think Jerry goes whole hog on the OL. Do you think he drafts more than 1? Or 1 early and 1 late?

Reaction score
I agree.....but do you really think Jerry goes whole hog on the OL. Do you think he drafts more than 1? Or 1 early and 1 late?

I hope for at least one guard and one tackle...give me two DL too. I'm a greedy bastid.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I hope for at least one guard and one tackle...give me two DL too. I'm a greedy bastid.

We are probably going to get fortunate to have one OL in the first few rounds. If we do not get a quality one in the first three picks, we might as well not bother as the depth, while good, drops off quickly after the third round.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think guys like Schwenke and Quesenberry could be 4th rounders. Chris Faulk too.

I doubt Schwenke makes it that far, even Mayock has him ahead of both Barrett Jones and Frederick. Quessenberry is a nice player who would be excellent depth. Faulk is coming off a knee injury and cannot even workout for scouts right now.

Again, if we do not get a lineman in the first three rounds, we might as well not bother. We need at least one starter, right now. There has to be a commitment. And in a draft this deep on the OL, there is absolutely no excuse not to do it.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't trust our ability to judge mid-round OL.

We NEED to take one early.

This draft falls off bad after the first 100 or so in terms of linemen who are likely to start.

We are not in a position to take fliers there. We have to get a starter, at least, for the OL.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Sell me on your first round selection. Please and thank you.
I'm not sure I'm even sold on it. I just get tired of the same mocks that start with Cooper, Warmack, Richardson or Vaccaro. However, those are probably more accurate.

As far as selling it.....Dallas brought him in, tons of production, Dallas needs some depth outside and Miles Austin will probably be gone before too long leaving a big hole.

Agree that the team needs to go OL early since they can't find them later.

Also like Chris Faulk around 4.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm even sold on it. I just get tired of the same mocks that start with Cooper, Warmack, Richardson or Vaccaro. However, those are probably more accurate.

As far as selling it.....Dallas brought him in, tons of production, Dallas needs some depth outside and Miles Austin will probably be gone before too long leaving a big hole.

That is nice, but that first round choice will end up shaping the rest of your draft. Take Hopkins early, it makes you rule out other WRs who might actually help.

Honestly, there are better players which are likely to be at 31. I like the idea of a trade down, even though I have no idea who would make the 49ers go crazy enough to trade up for. If it is Tavon Austin, I just sit there and take him myself.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
That is nice, but that first round choice will end up shaping the rest of your draft. Take Hopkins early, it makes you rule out other WRs who might actually help.

Honestly, there are better players which are likely to be at 31. I like the idea of a trade down, even though I have no idea who would make the 49ers go crazy enough to trade up for. If it is Tavon Austin, I just sit there and take him myself.

I like Tavon Austin too, but do you have any hope that Garrett would have any clue how to use him?

Of course, basing your draft on a guy on a short leash like Garrett isn't smart anyway.

Like I said, I'm hardly sold on it. I like Hopkins, not sure if I like him there. I was loosely basing this on NFLDS ratings and he was the best of the bunch in that area (I thought).

If you move down, who do you consider at 31?

I do a bunch of these mainly just to try to force myself to look at other people in other rounds and to consider different scenarios.

Top Bottom