junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I keep hearing more stuff about linebackers. I'm not sure I'm sold on that, but here's something with that scenario.

Trade down with Cleveland for their late 3 (Pittsburgh's) and swap positions in 2.

1. Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State
2. Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State
3. Billy Turner, OT/OG, North Dakota State
3. DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State
4. George Uko, DT, USC
5. James White, RB, Wisconsin
7. Spencer Long, OG, Nebraska
7. Gabe Ikard, C, Oklahoma
7. Ty Zimmerman, FS, Kansas State
7. Erik Lora, WR, Eastern Illinois
7. James Morris, LB, Iowa
7. Dustin Vaughn, QB, West Texas A&M

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Your 7th round makes me sad.

Ryan Shazier, Scott Crichton, DaQuan Jones, and George Uko help the team. The rest are all Jeff Heaths.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Shit, give me Barr or Shazier. We'll have plenty of options at 16. What happens with the QB's in this class will determine what we do. Hopefully teams draft Bortles, Bridgewater and Manziel before our pick, if not someone after us will need a QB then we can trade out.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Ryan Shazier, Scott Crichton, DaQuan Jones, and George Uko help the team. The rest are all Jeff Heaths.

Except for Crichton and Turner, the whole draft sounds like a nightmare. It even has an injured white safety.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
James White is a nice pick in the 5th.

Nothing to really recommend this draft other than Shazier.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score

Yeah, well, your face makes everyone sad.

Reaction score
I think waiting until the third round to draft a guy with a black sounding name is a mistake.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I think waiting until the third round to draft a guy with a black sounding name is a mistake.

Thank you. This is, by far, the most constructive criticism I've received in this thread.

Reaction score
:lol

Sorry. Haven't really kept up with the draft that much but our early picks sound line real estate agents and country music stars.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
:lol

Sorry. Haven't really kept up with the draft that much but our early picks sound line real estate agents and country music stars.

Yeah, I looked for Duke McThunderSacks, but apparently he stayed in school.

You don't even get into any white guys until the 7th round.

I think I need to put together a list of DCU Mock draft rules.

1. Draft a guy with a black sounding name before round 3 - midswat
2. Don't draft guys with real estate agent names - midswat
3. Don't draft guys with country music names - midswat
4. Draft USC guys - cmd
5. Draft Will Sutton - cmd
6. Don't draft white people - like all of you.....racists
7. Draft guys who appear to be athletic-ish, but don't really fit a need and compare them to superstars - bob
8. Don't draft guys from Montana - apparently fucking everyone. Fuck you guys, don't let Caleb McSurdy and Cory Procter scare you off.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I think Jerry should trade the entire draft away to move up and get Johnny Football. I would be entertained and that is the goal.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I've got one for you... Draft FOOTBALL PLAYERS, not "athletes" that don't have a position...

Take a guy that plays his ass off on the field over a guy that looks good in his underwear at that f-ing combine

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I've got one for you... Draft FOOTBALL PLAYERS, not "athletes" that don't have a position...

Take a guy that plays his ass off on the field over a guy that looks good in his underwear at that f-ing combine

And which guy would that be? I don't see a single guy on this list that fits that description.

Who blew up the combine? Who doesn't have a position?

Honestly, I'm not really all that vested in this mock, I just wanted to see what one would look like with Shazier first since he visited Dallas. I don't mind criticism, but try not to be fucking stupid with your criticism.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Shazier and Crighton are both outstanding football players. Shazier is an explosive athlete but was ultra productive on the field. Crichton is hardly a Mike Mamula type. He's a 110% effort guy who is relentless in his effort. Daquan Jones in the 3rd would be good value there IMO.

Top Bottom