Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
More than a decade ago, Kmart was Wal-Mart's biggest rival.

But today the Sears-owned chain is in a tailspin, plagued by negative sales and disinterested customers. Last year, the company closed 100 stores after a disastrous holiday season.

Brian Sozzi at Belus Capital Advisors visited several Kmart locations and took photos that illustrate how grim it is at the retailer.

"The research and photos presented below show that Kmart, believe it or not, may be in worse fundamental shape than Sears!" Sozzi writes. "By fundamental I mean dreadful to visit, borderline unsafe stores that are sending the division’s financials down a path of no return."

Photos with captions:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/22-depressing-photos-show-kmart-114018302.html

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Grants, Two-Guys, Bradlees, K-Mart. These places come and go; I wouldn't be too depressed.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I worked at Kohl's during college (men's dept). Stole shit like crazy.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah they are cheaper there.

I get my groceries and some clothes - socks, underwear.

Since I change my own oil I get my motor oil and filter there too. Always have. Till the day I die. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday, amigo. How I was raised.

Reaction score
I didn't even know K-Mart still existed until I passed one a few weeks ago. Honestly hadn't seen one in probably ten years.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've been going to Burlington lately for slacks. Everyone else is overpriced.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I remember when Kmarts used to have Icee machines. That's because I'm old.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I remember when K Marts used to have cigarettes out in the open. I saw two kids steal a pack one time and take off running.

Reaction score
Gibson's Discount Center used to be a competitor too. They've all but disappeared.

Top Bottom