dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A TE at #10. That's fucking nuts. If this team drafts a TE at 10 I'll lose my mind (or what's left of it).

Like I said, he might be the clear best player available. He does help if they pick him.

That said, he almost assuredly won't be available at 10 for them to pick anyway. CB or OL seems most likely to me.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I would be fine with Pitts or Sewell at 10. They will both be long gone by then. A trade up to get either where they overpay, I am out.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would be happy with trading back a few spots and taking Jaycee Horn instead of Surtain in order to pick up extra picks. Especially if someone is dumb enough to give us next years 1st rounder for the spot

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty decent Draft Simulator site. I couldn't pass on a talent like Pitts (even though on draft night I doubt he is available for us). I went pretty heavy on defense afterward but did get a quality college starting QB as a potential developmental guy/backup. The RB from Michigan has true FB ability and was coached by a guy that likes having goo FB's and TE's in his system. McCarthy had good FB's in Green Bay too and this kid has supposedly great lead blocking skill and is a nice receiver out of the backfield as well.

team logo

pfn-logo-black

• DAL

Kyle Pitts
    TE Florida

• DAL

Jaelan Phillips
    EDGE Miami (FL)

• DAL

Jevon Holland
    S Oregon

• DAL

Marlon Tuipulotu
    DT USC

• DAL

Kyle Trask
    QB Florida

• DAL

Keith Taylor
    CB Washington

• DAL

Derrick Barnes
    LB Purdue

• DAL

Camryn Bynum
    CB California

• DAL

Alaric Jackson
    OT Iowa

• DAL

Ben Mason
    RB Michigan

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m just hoping we see a different draft strategy with McCarthey like has been claiming.

He said he wants the BPA and that he will fit the scheme to the players

As opposed to Marinelli who wanted the player that fit the scheme, or Rashad that wanted players with specific measurements that fit the mold he had for a position

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m excited for the draft

If we take Surtain at 10 I’d be happy. I won’t be jumping up and down with joy. But I really like the idea of pairing him up with Diggs. He’s not the type of pick that everyone will be excited about. But he is the safe solid pick at 10

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m just hoping we see a different draft strategy with McCarthey like has been claiming.

He said he wants the BPA and that he will fit the scheme to the players

As opposed to Marinelli who wanted the player that fit the scheme, or Rashad that wanted players with specific measurements that fit the mold he had for a position
they took ceedee last year so i think hes serious about BPA

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
a consensus front 7 defensive playmaker does not seem to exist in this draft, so i my favorite pick would be surtain or horn. both of their fathers played at a pro bowl level in the NFL

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m guessing I will pretty much be happy with anyone they select at 10 other than an O-Lineman or Micah Parsons. Hopefully Sean Lee retiring doesn’t make them panic and try to replace him in the first round. We can get a replacement LB in rounds 3-4.

We don’t need a 1st round pick at every damn position on our O-Line.

There doesn’t seem to be any big time pass rusher that could/should go at 10. We will have our first choice at corner unless something absolutely crazy happens at 1-9.

If enough ****** teams feel there is a QB that they want in the top 10 we may end up with a boatload of picks from one of those teams jumping up to take a QB.

This draft is positioned for us to come out with a great draft and possible acquiring some extra picks either this year or next year if someone wants to move up.

This may not be an explosive draft for us. But it should be a solid draft that allows us to fill some much needed holes

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty decent Draft Simulator site. I couldn't pass on a talent like Pitts (even though on draft night I doubt he is available for us).

No way, no how should a TE go top 10. There's no value in the position in the top 10 and I'll shit if the Cowboys draft him. It would be a completely wasted pick

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No way, no how should a TE go top 10. There's no value in the position in the top 10 and I'll shit if the Cowboys draft him. It would be a completely wasted pick

If he is an all-world talent and easily creates mismatches downfield and in the redzone he is definitely worth it. There seem to be many draft gurus that believe he is the best non-QB prospect in the draft.

Like I also mentioned, it's likely that one of either Cooper or Gallup won't be here after this season (and perhaps could be traded during the draft or by the trade deadline, although its more likely it's after the season where one is released or leaves via free agency). The draft is as much (in fact more) about planning for the future, and having a player like Pitts can easily offset the loss of Gallup or Cooper, especially if Lamb develops as we expect.

That said, I fully expect him to be gone before we pick and we end up with Surtain, Horn or maybe one of the OT's.

Top Bottom