Who will be head coach of the Dallas Cowboys in 2020-21 season?

• Urban Meyer

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Lincoln Riley

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Jason Garrett

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
agreed and on that note, I feel like the best candidate might be someone none of us have heard of but perhaps has a lot of years in the league, tons of experience & respect among other NFL coaches.

If that person exists, I don't know how to find him and sadly I have no confidence the Dallas gm can either and if he did find that guy, he now has to try and mitigate the obstacle jeri and the organization is to winning

Yep. It could very easily be an NFL coordinator but I agree with you 100%. I don;t think our GM and his spawn know what to look for. We'll see soon enough (I hope).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The flavor of the month coordinator worries me. On the plus side, anybody but Garrett. But on the downside it just seems so many of these guys are hit and miss. I mean even the best coach perhaps of all time has seen his assistants go elsewhere and have very little, if any real success.

There is talent here, these guys need hard coaching and probably need someone with skins on the wall, somebody that's a proven winner. It also need to be someone that commands respect on gamedays.

To me that's why Urban Meyer is the obvious choice. Guy wins everywhere he goes. He knows talent. He is a good game day coach. Good defense and special teams follow him everywhere he goes. Great big game coach.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First and foremost no fucken retreads like Rivera or McCarthy
I voted Meyer because of what I think he can bring culture wise to this team and I think he would have better chance to tell Jerry off...not sure about Riley
Plus, as was mentioned above, guy wins wherever he goes

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I've got a feeling that Urban would want less power than we might think. He may be viewing this job like Barry did back in the day "Hey, I get to scratch the itch to coach pro ball, make a bunch of money, and hey coaching the Cowboys is pretty cool".

I have nothing to back that up other than, why would someone actively want the Cowboys job unless he knows what he is getting into and doesn't care or at least doesn't mind.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Thought this was sorta interesting. Dude got a mammoth deal from Carolina, then turned right around and called the Giants to see if they'd match or exceed it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd shit can him right there. I've seen this type of conduct where I work and it's unethical.

I mean, Carolina made a guy who didn't have one down of NFL Head Coaching Exp one of the top-10 highest paid coaches in the league, and then he rewards their faith and generosity by calling another team to see if he can better deal them right there? If he really preferred the Giants job all along, why not interview with them first?

Either the report is b/s or Rhule has some serious weasel in him.

I agree with you, if this truly happened Carolina should have deep sixed his ass right there.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd shit can him right there. I've seen this type of conduct where I work and it's unethical.

Not only that, but he notified his team he would not be coming back and would be taking an NFL position by a mass text to the entire team

Didn’t even have the balls/decency to tell them in person

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not only that, but he notified his team he would not be coming back and would be taking an NFL position by a mass text to the entire team

Didn’t even have the balls/decency to tell them in person

Hearing that makes the report of him trying to better deal Carolina almost on the spot seem likely to be true.

Those kids at Baylor helped him get this job, and then he doesn't even want to speak to them in person?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
"Dear team, sorry I bailed on you guys without saying shit, but I found a real sucker in Carolina and now I've got it made for life"

- Coach Rhule

Top Bottom