Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We may end up with Prescot at 135 LOL

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Sounds like Tapper will fill the role we had for Mincey as a DE capable of sliding inside to DT in the nickel.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Soooo, in the 1st round they couldn't/wouldn't trade down and drafted a RB at 4, and then proceeded to fabricate a story that the Ravens were going to take Elliott.

Then in the 2nd round, they were unable to move up, then unable to move down, and were so terrified the Patriots would steal their feel good story, that they panicked and took a player that will not play next year and may not ever play.

In the 3rd round they took a pass-rushing 3Tech who had all of 2 1/2 sacks last year. The brain trust states they view him as a valuable backup to Tyrone Crawford.

In one of the strongest drafts in years, we take a RB in the top five, a guy who won't contribute next year, and a back-up?

Jerry Jones is literally the worst executive in all of sports. No one has the "pedigree" of two decades of poor drafting because no executive would be allowed to continue to make player personnel decisions for that long.

Jerruh was named executive of the year in 2014! And don't you forget it!

Last edited:

Mr.Po

Reaction score
At least so far we are taking players from big time programs and not some diamond in the rough from Wherethehell St. Community College.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Once we missed out on moving up to take Lynch we probably gave up on getting a QB in this draft and decided to pick up a cast off from one of the teams that did fill a QB need

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Tapper is a tweener. Smallish DE who can play some snaps at DT. Good news is he extremely athletic. Seems like part of our new fascination with SPARQ guys.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I feel your concern, I'd be willing to bet either Cook, Hackenberg or Lynch would be available for one of the picks Dallas would have if they made the trade with Tennessee outlined above and probably one or more would be available at 34.

If the scouts feel he has the potential, I wouldn't mind Lynch at 15 and have the extra picks to fill other spots

In that trade scenario, they should be able to get a QB prospect and some pretty good prospects with their other picks. I like the idea of 5 picks from 15-67 (like 5 picks from 15-45 better). Walking away with a QB (Cook or Lynch), Henry, Kevin Dodd, ?? & ?? intrigues me, but like I've said, I dont know squat about evaluating talent.

Turns out my bet would have paid off and 2 of those QBs would have been available (Hackenberg and Cook)

In retrospect, they could have taken some of the same players and risks had Dallas been able to pull of a trade with Tennessee (although in retrospect, it doesn't appear Tennessee would have made the trade)

For shits and grins, let's say Dallas was able to trade #4 and Leary for Tennessee's #15, 33 & 43

Dallas ends up with #15, 33, 34, 43 and 67

They could have drafted:

#15 Paxton Lynch QB
#33 Kevin Dodd DE
#34 Jaylon Smith LB
#43 Derrick Henry RB
#67 Mallek Collins DT

Would everyone have gone for this?

Seems to show if you're willing to be patient, there will be players available.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Worst draft ever?

Yeah not even close. The 1st 2 rounds may raise eyebrows for various reasons but at least you see the possibilities if everything aligns just right.

We have had plenty the past 2 decades but that 2009 shitfest was chocked full of blind stupidity.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Not a bad draft. Not a great one. We got some bodies for the Dline which is always good.

Of course this draft could be made or broken depending on how Jaylon recovers from his injury.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Anybody hearing what our next pick might be?

I honestly would not be surprised if Prescott is the pick here. They've gone 3 straight picks on defense, Jerry and the boys have to be itching for an offensive player now. Also wouldn't be surprised if they went RB again with Dixon and Perkins still sitting there.

Reaction score
We are not picking like a 4-12 team who has needs. It's like we are picking like a 10-6 team who is getting stuck with depth players and almost ready players...except Elliot.

Top Bottom