boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
@NFL_CFB 32m32 minutes ago
Mayock: I'd love to see Wentz sit a year. I think if I'm #Cowboys at No. 4, I'm licking my lips.

Forget it Middie.

Jerry just held court in his Bang Bus and basically announced that Dallas is not taking a QB at 4.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
roll my eyes at the usual slobbering over the physical traits instead of what is important

Reaction score
@PatKirwanCBS 3h3 hours ago Indiana, USA
The most impressive interviews@ the Combine today were DeForest Buckner, & Reggie Ragland both love football and are serious about the game

Reaction score
Forget it Middie.

Jerry just held court in his Bang Bus and basically announced that Dallas is not taking a QB at 4.

Yeah but you can't listen to anything he says at this point. Could be posturing to prevent teams from trading ahead of us.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Forget it Middie.

Yeah I saw you sounding the alarm over in IdiotZone over that.

Jones is an idiot and doess stupid things quite a bit, but it'd be beyond stupid to announce to the workd today that they are all in on taking a QB with their first pick. We dont pick first. We dont even pick 2nd. We pick 4th and there's two teams ahead of us who will definitely entertain trade down offers and the 3rd is almost assuredly taking a QB themselves.

That said, I dont think anybody is buying it. Even his own son said they'd definitely take a franchise QB at 4 if one was there.

Like I said earlier though, if they want Wentz they are almos assurredly going to have to get the #1 pick, because I think there's no way the Browns pass on him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
roll my eyes at the usual slobbering over the physical traits instead of what is important

I dont se anyone "slobbering" over anything here.

That's except for the slobbering BB does over extremely large women of color.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
As much as I want Wentz or Goff at 4, watching the highlights of Bosa is intriguing and there's definitely a reasonable chance he could be there at 4 for us.

Reaction score
I was ready to dismiss that article when I saw it was from Sbnation, but it was actually a very well written article with some interesting points.

I'm not a draft guru and I don't pretend to be. You'll not watch me breaking down all-22's of anyone. But with Bosa getting so much love, it'll be interesting if others point this stuff out as well. I do know, of course, that draft darlings in January/February, aren't always draft darlings in April/May.

Is the draft in April or May this year?

Reaction score
Think about that again.

Bosa lines up as close as you can get to being offsides, jumps the snap, uses his hands well and still had trouble turning the corner consistently at a reasonable depth.

Not good.

Then there were the times when he just, like, fell down during plays. My old defensive line coach Rod Marinelli hated to turn on the film and see us on the ground. Usually it was a sign of a guy with either bad balance, bad technique or some combination of both. With Bosa it usually wasn't technique, so what's left? Let me tell you, a pass rusher with poor balance is going to have a hell of a time trying to win against offensive lineman in the NFL.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
24 reps is weak.

not a great believer in bench as much of an indicator. You look at HOF players the last 20 years and their bench numbers are all over the place. Explosion numbers are better for players like Bosa. YET even that can mean nothing. You can find lots of busts who did great at the combine. There are so many things that have to come together to make a HOF player. And to me if you are drafting in the Top 5 you have to think you are getting a kid who can be just that. If you do not think so then trade down.

Reaction score
Hey random question but why was Keyshawn Johnson drafted #1 overall? Was he just a dominant college receiver? Because I never thought he was elite as an NFL'er. Or was it a weak draft class?

Too lazy too look into it myself.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Buckner ran 5.06, Billings had a similar number. So did Clark. V Butler ran 5.3 I think at 325lbs

Bosa ran in the 4.8's

Top Bottom