dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Free and Leary both out. Weems and Collins starting in their place.

Randle looks good

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Romo with some sweet throws in 2 min drill to Beasley and T Will. Beasley finished drive with nice TD

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
was really looking forward to watching this, had nothing else to do

feed quality is just absolute shit though....dc.com sux ass

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bailey just nailed a game winner situation 53yd FG...would have been good from probably 60

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
didn't realize the HOF game was on tonight till just now.

Stealers/Vikes

Reaction score
Cowboys offense is going to be explosive. Dallas D looks like they are going to play hard. This is going to be a fun season.

Reaction score
Collins looked great in the scrimmage. Played with the 1s and 2s. He struggles a little in the one on ones, but settles in nicely with the O-line. Big dude, he looks the part.

I hope Dooms isn’t reading this but the Cowboys offense looked explosive even with Dez Bryant out of the lineup. Nobody can cover Beasley. What do you do with him in your fantasy league?

Reaction score
Beasley is going to have a monster year. Honestly, I think he could surpass Witten as this years #2 receiver.

No injuries last night, right?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep, I've thought since at least last year that Beasley is basically uncoverable in space. As he and Romo's rapport only gets better, I can't see him being stopped as long as Dez is out there demanding attention. He's just too quick for single coverage no matter who it is.

Reaction score
Yep, I've thought since at least last year that Beasley is basically uncoverable in space. As he and Romo's rapport only gets better, I can't see him being stopped as long as Dez is out there demanding attention. He's just too quick for single coverage no matter who it is.

Unless there is an injury, Beasley should have a big year as long as Jason allows the offense to use its strengths (Beasleys quickness and speed). The fact that this offense has basically used WCO type WRs for routes that really require finesse and deep speed before the catch is really serving lo mein noodles as an Italian pasta dish. That Jason is now "expanding Beasley route tree" and allowing him more a part of the offense and yet handing over the #2 WR to a body-catching doofus who is scared of the ball and the other team is just nonsense. The fact is Beasley is an elitely elusive player and very smart, his catch to target ratio is the best on the team (as opposed to T-Willy who has one of the worst). The problem will be that Beasley will change the distance passing game to what it is supposed to be in this offense, and Jason will look like a moron like he did last year when running the ball like he was criticiized for not doing enough the previous three years, actually took them to the division title and almost to the championship. Jason's coaching has needed developmental remediation and his system (similar to how Cam Cameron was fired in Baltimore for not running the ball enough and getting stuck in the same plays) is quickly looking like the biggest reason (other than his coaching) that Dallas was blundering on offense at certain critical points during the 8-8s. Beasley is more like the Warner Rams WR or the Manning Colts WR when this system last win the Super Bowl. This is why I am hoping Whitehead and Dunn make the team. Quickness and speed will threaten the defense, I just can't figure out why Jason annoits 6-4 dingus like Devin Streets other than Tony Romo might need tall receivers because he might be too short to locate them??

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jason's coaching has needed developmental remediation and his system (similar to how Cam Cameron was fired in Baltimore for not running the ball enough and getting stuck in the same plays) is quickly looking like the biggest reason (other than his coaching) that Dallas was blundering on offense at certain critical points during the 8-8s.
Did you see the Romo comments in an article today (or yesterday)?

“We’re actually probably more complex now with Scott,” Romo said. “It’s just that our complex stuff is actually simple. I know that sounds weird.”

So let’s allow Romo to explain.

“Our stuff that is complex now is telling a back he’s running a burst instead of a sit, and what happens is it grabs the 'backer and when all of a sudden the 'backer could’ve played both for an extra count and now he has to make that decision,” Romo said. “As I’m going through the progression I’m able to see that a second faster, so I’m getting through an extra guy a half-second faster and get on to the next read.”

The Romo-Linehan pairing worked incredibly well in 2014, and there is no reason why it can’t be better in 2015.

“Some of that subtleness is the stuff I’ve learned and he’s learned his, and you add them together there’s stuff that can really benefit you as an offense,” Romo said. “He’s really got a great mind for that.”

Makes sense. The Garrett system was harder to understand (which I always suspected was the cause of all the mental errors and missed connections we saw between QB/WR) but less flexible, while the Linehan system is just the opposite.

BTW, here is the whole article. Archer is such a Garrett suckup and simpleton. Come on, Todd, we still ran Garrett's system in 2013, not Callahan's WCO. That's his attempt at blaming Callahan for 2013 (which was still no worse or even better than the previous two years).

Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo and OC Scott Linehan In Year 2 together - Dallas Cowboys Blog - ESPN

Last edited:
Top Bottom