cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Like the other LB we drafted, Will Smith is UDFA caliber. Just doesn't sting as much since he was drafted in the 7th.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I betcha Goodell was strong-arming these teams behind the scenes so that the league didn't appear homophobic

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I betcha Goodell was strong-arming these teams behind the scenes so that the league didn't appear homophobic

I think it was clear that teams were pushed to draft him. The NFLN had already made the short movie clip about him and it was clear that the topic was staged when it came up. It didn't just come to their kinda to start discussing the gay guy. I lost respect for Fisher.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Ben Gardner is a really good pick here. Would have gone much earlier had he not gotten hurt. Could play LDE or inside at DT on passing downs.

I like the direction that they took in the 7th round. It should have been followed the entire draft.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I was just telling a friend of mine that exact same thing. I bet Goodell has been on the phone with multiple teams the last 2 hours.

Fischer is a league office croanie. Gave them what they wanted.

Fucking NFL should be ashamed of that bullshit the last hour or so of the broadcast.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it was clear that teams were pushed to draft him. The NFLN had already made the short movie clip about him and it was clear that the topic was staged when it came up. It didn't just come to their kinda to start discussing the gay guy. I lost respect for Fisher.

NFL totally orchestrated the whole thing.

Its not a coincidence either that NFLN replayed that same damn fag segment on Sam a 2nd time in less than two hours.

Then showing the homos kissing on live TV. Fuck this league.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I like the direction that they took in the 7th round. It should have been followed the entire draft.

I thought the whole draft was solid except for the guy they took in the 4th.

The rest of it made sense and they picked solid prospects. Love the two DL's we got in the 7th, Baylor safety was a good add. Love the Street pick in round 5.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Considering that he was an integral component of Stanford's success defensively the past three seasons, Gardner may have been the most shocking of the Combine snubs and he posted the most eye-popping numbers in retaliation, wowing scouts from all 32 NFL teams on March 20 with a 39.5" vertical and 10-2" broad jump after measuring 6-foot-4, 262 pounds. Those numbers would have ranked second and fifth, respectively, among all defensive linemen tested in Indianapolis in 2014. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

Top Bottom