Reaction score
Brining out the military and blasting proud to be an American? Gtfoh.

This draft is a retarded spectacle

wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Cowboys could have had Brooks, Jackson, Sutton, or Nix with their 3rd round pick. Very good value that they lost. And no, their 6 7th round picks together aren't going to make up for that loss.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Cowboys could have had Brooks, Jackson, Sutton, or Nix with their 3rd round pick. Very good value that they lost. And no, their 6 7th round picks together aren't going to make up for that loss.

How do you know?

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
nix isnt a fit here...but just bc i dont know any of these other guys doesnt mean they wont turn out to be any good

wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
nix isnt a fit here...but just bc i dont know any of these other guys doesnt mean they wont turn out to be any good

Actually, I think he is a great fit at the 1-tech DT. A starter on the DL in the third round ...

wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Baltimore's picks so far in this draft:

ILB CJ Mosley
DT Timmy Jernigan
S Terrence Brooks

Would you rather have that draft than what we have now? All 3 would be starters in Dallas.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The statistics for 7th rounders that stay in the league over the past, oh say 20 years.

They also show picks bust in every round. Some work out, some don't.

We might have drafted the next Jason Williams and James Brewster with that 78th pick for all you know.

Reaction score
I think we're getting good value for the picks we're making, but losing that 3rd hurt.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

ILB CJ Mosley
DT Timmy Jernigan
S Terrence Brooks

Would you rather have that draft than what we have now? All 3 would be starters in Dallas.

To be quite honest, no.

Mosley is not better than Sean Lee and moving Sean Lee to another position would be stupid. Timothy Jernigan I like, but the 1T DT position is nowhere near as important as RDE.

Brooks is interesting and a player I liked, but there's no guarantee he'd win a starting job here.

wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They also show picks bust in every round. Some work out, some don't.

We might have drafted the next Jason Williams and James Brewster with that 78th pick for all you know.

Look, the facts are that lower round picks bust much less than the later round picks. That means your chances are better on average. When you do what the Cowboys do every year, which is wasting good mid round selections to jump up in the draft, you end up 6-10 or 8-8 like they have.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Actually, I think he is a great fit at the 1-tech DT. A starter on the DL in the third round ...

Marinelli is on record for years saying he doesn't like DL who cant move. Nix is a blob.

The only scheme he can work in is a 3-4 as a pure NT that just eats space.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Look, the facts are that lower round picks bust much less than the later round picks. That means your chances are better on average. When you do what the Cowboys do every year, which is wasting good mid round selections to jump up in the draft, you end up 6-10 or 8-8 like they have.

Pretty sure somebody showed the numbers, and we have traded down far more than up since Jones bought the team.

wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
To be quite honest, no.

Mosley is not better than Sean Lee and moving Sean Lee to another position would be stupid. Timothy Jernigan I like, but the 1T DT position is nowhere near as important as RDE.

Brooks is interesting and a player I liked, but there's no guarantee he'd win a starting job here.

Mosley is a walk in starter, and many think Lee would be fine at WLB. In fact, he may get injured less while playing to his strengths there.

Brooks is a true FS, which the Cowboys don't have anywhere on their roster. And Jernigan starts day 1 at 1-tech DT.

While RDE is a huge need, losing a starter to make up for lack of depth is going to continue to haunt Dallas as it has for several years now.

wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Pretty sure somebody showed the numbers, and we have traded down far more than up since Jones bought the team.

I didn't post their records since he bought the team. I showed them the last 4 years. Stop rationalizing the recent bad draft choices, especially when you consider their best draft success has been with Jimmy and the Tuna having the right influence on the picks.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score

ILB CJ Mosley
DT Timmy Jernigan
S Terrence Brooks

I'll take our draft over that.

Martin, Attaochu, and Sutton. That's a little harder.

Top Bottom