dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Oregon St DE Scott Crighton is still available, he was a guy I liked and had a 2nd rd grade by just about everyone.

When I was listening to the Cowboys radio before the draft started tonight Spagnola said teams apparently got an updated medical report on Crighton and there was some pretty disturbing info in it regarding his long term playing future. Didn't really give other details, but that might explain why he still around.

wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
S Jones said in his radio interview they had two guys they liked in round two to be a pure RDE, and that Lawrence was rated significantly higher than the other. He said it was a franchise priority to come away with an impact rush guy either in round 1 or 2, and since they took Martin yesterday Lawrence was their guy for today and they wanted to make sure they got him.

It's a gamble. But if we look back in 2-3 years and he is averaging 8-10 sacks per year, then they will probably feel pretty good about the pick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nix and Crichton.

Jernigan, Murphy, and Ealy were there at 47.

None of them as good as Lawrence either, especially in terms of coming off the edge as a pure edge guy

Still not sure why the Redskins picked Murphy. Is Orakpo messed up physically or something?

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nix and Crichton.

Jernigan, Murphy, and Ealy were there at 47.

id much rather have lawrence....now would i much rather have one of those 3 plus a 3rd...maybe..my knowledge on this class isnt strong enough to really say...lets see who is available at 78

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Their GM is rising to Ozzie Newsome/Ted Thompson levels.

Baalke has been killing it. Look at what they and NE do all the time. Move down and take value when it falls to them. Stockpile for the next year.

wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They just kill the draft. Dallas isn't even in the same league. SF is good now and getting better. Dallas treads water.

Agree. This is because they take value every year, and therefore aren't in constant desperation every year reaching for players that fill gigantic holes on their roster.

Top Bottom