GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not even close? In 2007, we gave up the #22 pick to the Browns, so that they can draft Quinn, and we got the Browns 1st round pick for the following year AND their 2007 2nd round pick, which was pick #36. That's 14 slots. So what they hell are you talking about? Switching spots with the 49ers and expecting their #34 pick in return is quite reasonable.

Are you ritard?

I'm talking jumping roughly 8 picks...not 15 picks

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We also got lucky as fuck last year... We were supposed to throw in a 4th on top of our 2nd...rams gave us a discount

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mock and scenarios from McShay

18) Dallas Cowboys

Kenny Vaccaro
COLLEGE: Texas
HT: 6-0
WT: 214
POS: S

Scenario 1: Vaccaro is falling in this scenario, and safety is a top need for the Cowboys. Vaccaro has the skill set to step in as a starter for a defense that's searching for a do-it-all player on the back end.

Scenario 2: Should Dallas look for help along the defensive front as it transitions to Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2 system, North Carolina DT Sylvester Williams would be the top option as things stand in this projection.

Scenario 3: Teams can never have enough good pass-rushers, so perhaps the Cowboys could snatch up Mingo if he should fall, or consider DE Bjoern Werner.

Stats and Info: There was a lot of room for improvement on the Dallas defensive line last season. The Cowboys ranked in the bottom three in sacks, tackles for loss and batted passes in 2012. Furthermore, the D-line contacted opposing ball carriers in the backfield on just 12 percent of rushing plays, the second-lowest percentage in the league.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Are you ritard?

I'm talking jumping roughly 8 picks...not 15 picks

Not sure where you got 15 picks idiot. The Cowboys moved down 14 picks. Fact is, if the Cowboys were to mvoe down 13 picks from #18 to #31, it would not be unreasonable to expect the #34 pick that the 49er's have.

And BITCH.... you just mad because Michigan lost! HA HA!!!!

GO LOUISIVILLE!!!!

Reaction score
Mid offs himself:

NFL | Cordarrelle Patterson draft stock falling
Wed, 10 Apr 2013 11:13:48 -0700

University of Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson's NFL draft stock could be falling and he may not be selected in the first round.

Comment | Source: Twitter |

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=2#ixzz2Q7Ie5w69

I'd off myself if the Tennessee player I've been most critical about, to the point where I think he'll be a bust, fell out of the first round?

You serious Clark?

Reaction score
Mock and scenarios from McShay

18) Dallas Cowboys

Kenny Vaccaro
COLLEGE: Texas
HT: 6-0
WT: 214
POS: S

Scenario 1: Vaccaro is falling in this scenario, and safety is a top need for the Cowboys. Vaccaro has the skill set to step in as a starter for a defense that's searching for a do-it-all player on the back end.

Scenario 2: Should Dallas look for help along the defensive front as it transitions to Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2 system, North Carolina DT Sylvester Williams would be the top option as things stand in this projection.

Scenario 3: Teams can never have enough good pass-rushers, so perhaps the Cowboys could snatch up Mingo if he should fall, or consider DE Bjoern Werner.

Stats and Info: There was a lot of room for improvement on the Dallas defensive line last season. The Cowboys ranked in the bottom three in sacks, tackles for loss and batted passes in 2012. Furthermore, the D-line contacted opposing ball carriers in the backfield on just 12 percent of rushing plays, the second-lowest percentage in the league.

Scenario 4: Why the fuck are we not even considering a OL?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Scenario 4: Why the fuck are we not even considering a OL?

It's fucking McShay. I wouldn't pay it any mind. I get the impression that these so-called draft gurus, actually believe that they can influence the draft and force a team to take a player that THEY think they should take.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Eddie Lacy runs 40-yard dash

Updated: April 11, 2013, 1:00 PM ET
By Alex Scarborough | TideNation

One scout timed Lacy as having run a 4.59 and 4.62 in the 40. His top time would have placed him 15th among running backs who competed in March's NFL combine.

Scouts Inc. currently has Lacy, a possible first-round selection, as its highest-rated running back in the draft and the 43rd best prospect overall.

The biggest concern, an AFC scout said, was the health of Lacy, who suffered a small tear of the hamstring during a mock combine event in February at IMG.

"He's proven he's a good back the way he played all season," the scout said. "The main thing was to see how the hamstring was doing, and he's obviously done a lot of work on that."

Another primary concern among talent evaluators was Lacy's ability to catch the football. He had 22 receptions last season. Lacy said showing his hands was one of his top priorities during the workout.

"Outside of the 40, just proving I can catch," Lacy said. "I didn't have a lot of opportunities here at Alabama to show my hands out of the backfield, so during the passing drills I just wanted to show them I can catch.

"I did good. I probably bobbled a pass or two, but everything else was caught clean."

Alabama coach Nick Saban, who coached for the better part of a decade in the NFL, said on Wednesday that if Lacy was healthy, he would run fast.

"He's faster than you think," he said of his former All-SEC back. "He has very deceptive speed, and very deceptive quickness. For three or four years around here, I've been watching Eddie Lacy, who everybody thinks is a little too straight-line as a runner, and can't make people miss, make people miss in the hole, with his sudden quickness and great change of direction. He's physical, tough, he's got great size. He's a really good all-around player, a good receiver, he can block in pass protection, and he can be physical when he needs to and get it downhill.

"I think Eddie is a very, very complete player. I don't really see a lot of flaws in his game. I think he'll be a very, very good player for somebody."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Don Banks latest mock has us trading down with the Niners to 31, then taking FSU RT Manelik Watson.

I cant remember where I read it, but 2 or 3 weeks ago someone wrote a blurb about our staff (and Callahan) really liking Watson.

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the hamstrings should he come here. Our trainers should be the James Andrews of hamstrings by now.

Reaction score
Don Banks latest mock has us trading down with the Niners to 31, then taking FSU RT Manelik Watson.

I cant remember where I read it, but 2 or 3 weeks ago someone wrote a blurb about our staff (and Callahan) really liking Watson.

Jonathan Bales mentioned Watson as a name to keep an eye on for Dallas.

Said Watson was a better fit for us than Fluker.

Top Bottom