superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Raiders are trading for Matt Flynn.

Didn't see them mocked as taking a QB in the first anyway, but it's just one more QB needy team that won't have to force a pick there.

They should be able to get him for almost nothing. And his deal isn't terrible, especially since I think Seattle will be on the hook for his bonus money.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Updated who we talked to list:

Terron Armstead, OL, Arkansas-Pine Bluff (PRI)
Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State (PRI)
Josh Boyce, WR, TCU (PRI)
Jonathan Cooper%, OL, North Carolina (VINT) (COM)
Jonathan Cyprien, DB, Florida International (PRI)
Will Davis, DB, Utah State (COM)
D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama (PRI)
Mike James, RB, Miami (COM)
Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati (COM)
Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina (COM)
Bennie Logan, DT, LSU (PRI)
Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M (PRI)
Jonathan Stewart, LB, Texas A&M (COM)
Kenny Vaccaro%, S, Texas (PRI) (COM)
Conner Vernon, WR, Duke (COM)

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Updated who we talked to list:

Terron Armstead, OL, Arkansas-Pine Bluff (PRI)
Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State (PRI)
Josh Boyce, WR, TCU (PRI)
Jonathan Cooper%, OL, North Carolina (VINT) (COM)
Jonathan Cyprien, DB, Florida International (PRI)
Will Davis, DB, Utah State (COM)
D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama (PRI)
Mike James, RB, Miami (COM)
Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati (COM)
Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina (COM)
Bennie Logan, DT, LSU (PRI)
Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M (PRI)
Jonathan Stewart, LB, Texas A&M (COM)
Kenny Vaccaro%, S, Texas (PRI) (COM)
Conner Vernon, WR, Duke (COM)

Is there a reason why you left off Eric Reid? And what is VINT?

Reaction score
Bills sign Kevin Kolb tonight. Another team saying none of these QB's worth a top 10 selection it seems.

Reaction score
Mock drafts are the most properly rated things. Nobody creams their pants over them but they're usually pretty close to where guys will fall.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Randle's been really good at OSU though has he not?

Tebow was great at Florida. In the NFL, not so much.

I just do not see much from Randle that is impressive. He looks very ordinary, not very much different from the rest of an average RB group overall.

If I am spending one of six very important draft choices on a player, I would hope for a little better.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Advanced scouting: Lane Johnson

March, 31, 2013
By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

Oklahoma tackle Lane Johnson has excellent leverage and can play all positions on the offensive line.

To help preview who might be on the Dallas Cowboys’ board for the NFL draft, ESPNDallas.com has identified five players at five key positions that we’d like to learn more about. Along those lines, we’ve asked former Cowboys assistant coach Glenn “Stretch” Smith – the official scout of Galloway & Company – to study tape of each player and give his thoughts.

No. 3 offensive lineman: Lane Johnson

Position: Tackle

Height/weight: 6-foot-6, 303 pounds

School: Oklahoma

Why he’s on the radar: Left tackle Tyron Smith had a good season for the Cowboys last year, but inconsistent play from right tackle Doug Free prompted the team to use Jermey Parnell. The Cowboys need to upgrade the offensive line, and if Johnson is available in the later half of the first round, he would be a good choice. Johnson played both tackle spots at Oklahoma and multiple positions in high school -- from quarterback to defensive end, so athletic ability isn't an issue.

Projection: First round

Stretch Truths: Tall tackle plays with excellent leverage and can play all positions across the line. ... Smart football sense; good punch and power; can reach block; good straight in-line run blocker. ... Has power to sit and stop a bull rush. Also has good balance to recover in pass protection. ... For a big tackle, he can really run, as evidenced by his 4.67 40-yard dash at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis. ... Take him if he's there with the 18th pick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You and I disagree on this guy. Jonathan Bales wrote a pretty glowing report on Franklin a couple weeks ago. You could be right on him. I'm still not impressed with him though.

I havent seen him a ton, CMD has probably seen him play alot more and probably could say more good or bad about him.

But the games I did watch him play I was impressed, and he also can return kicks, catch passes etc etc. I think if he were around in the 4th for us that he'd be a good value pick.

There's several good RB candidates though.

Top Bottom