LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What is your point?

Are you disagreeing that a weak and/or undersized, college DE is assumed a better candidate at 3-4 OLB in the NFL?

What I am saying is that you cannot fucking go by someone's low bench press and assume that he could not be a DE in the NFL. As for undersized... Elvis Dumervil says hello.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What do you guys know about Jordan Poyer? He's played CB the last two years, but was a safety at one point.

His fellow corner at Oregon State, Brandon Hardin, was drafted by the Bears and moved to safety. Hardin was a bit bigger though.

I always like the idea of a corner convert playing safety due to the coverage skills, but it never really works out in the pros.

Like him for us

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Wow, I did not know that David Quessenberry ran a sub 4.5 short-shuttle.

You have to like this guy. He's athletic and a hard worker. Walked on at San Jose State to become an All-WAC performer.

Interesting to note is that nfl.com compares him to Doug Free lol

You guys remember Pat Kirwan's formula for tracking explosive defensive players? Well Quessenberry's score is 166.5 (25 reps, 29.5" vert, 112" broad jump). Pretty impressive.

I thought I had read somewhere that Dallas liked him. He seems like a Dallas 4th round pick.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I kind of soured on Hugh Thornton after seeing him in the initial practices at the Senior Bowl. He seemed to be having a tough time at it, but I didn't watch the whole thing and watching him against Ohio State, you see the potential. He was exploding off the line and moving guys around. Looked pretty nasty at times.

The versatility (has played both LT and OG) and the experience, plus the athleticism and it's hard not to get excited by him.

It was against Michigan, excuse me. He was also a wrestler in high school if that means anything to you guys.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
This is who we've met with according to Walter Football

Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff (PRI)
Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati (COM)
Jonathan Stewart, ILB, Texas A&M (COM)
Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas (COM)

Reaction score
My cant misses busted and half my busts are great

Lump them how you like...

Cant miss:
Aaron Curry(90% Ware)
Jason Smith
Eugene Monroe
Knoshown Moreno (Warrick Dunn/ Portis)

Really Good:
Matt Stafford
Josh Freeman (Cutler jr.?)
Crabtree(Not much not to like)
Micheal Oher
Vontae Davis
Percy Harvin
Brian Cushing
Rasad Johnson
Sean Smith
Kenny Britt
Max Unger
Duke Robinson
Alex Mack
Ron Brace
Andre Smith

Meh:
Sanchez(Never really impressed me)
Deriou Heyward Bey
BJ Raji
Pettigrew
Malcom Jenkins

Bust!:
Beanie Wells(Larry Johnson lite)
Jeremy Maclin
Hakeem Nicks(Donte Stallworth. Hell show flashes then disappear)
James Laurinitis
Patrick Chung
Micheal Johnson(A guy like Ray Lewis could light a fire, but so far wasted talent)
Nate Davis(Ive seen him look scared in the pocket)

Im telling you:
Mike Mickens
Matt Shaughnessy
Troy Kropug
Croutney Greene(FS/SS/ST/MVP)
Paul Kruger
Connor Barwin
Jasper Brinkley

Reaction score
‏@TonyPauline
Florida pro-day completed in rain. Matt Elam/S stood on his combine 40 but looked tremendous during drills' great range & lateral movement.

Reaction score
Love how I fall in love with a player and broaddus reveals that players in the box.

Not sure what elams deal is but he looks like a little like Weddle. I think he's extremely comfortable in coverage and has great hips.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
‏@TonyPauline
Florida pro-day completed in rain. Matt Elam/S stood on his combine 40 but looked tremendous during drills' great range & lateral movement.

This is how Mark Barron looked this time, last year too.

I think Elam is a definite 1st rounder and wouldn't complain taking him at 18. He'll go no later than 22nd IMO.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is how Mark Barron looked this time, last year too.

I think Elam is a definite 1st rounder and wouldn't complain taking him at 18. He'll go no later than 22nd IMO.

I like Elam for us too, but not at 18. Wouldnt mind him if its after a trade down to mid-late20's or so though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Doesnt do anything for us this year, but we could be in line for a few comp picks next year. We might be in line for a decent pick in return for Mike Jenkins depending on what kind of deal he gets. John Phillips signed a multi yr deal, we might get a 7th back for him possibly. I'd think Victor Butler might net us a later pick depending on the deal he gets. Felix Jones might land a later pick for us too.

Obviously alot depends on what we do in terms of us signing true free agents, but we could possibly be in line for 2-4 comp picks next year.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Doesnt do anything for us this year, but we could be in line for a few comp picks next year. We might be in line for a decent pick in return for Mike Jenkins depending on what kind of deal he gets. John Phillips signed a multi yr deal, we might get a 7th back for him possibly. I'd think Victor Butler might net us a later pick depending on the deal he gets.
Speaking of, anyone heard about any interest on him? I haven't on him or Felix, not that I've looked for it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Speaking of, anyone heard about any interest on him? I haven't on him or Felix, not that I've looked for it.

All of them we reportedly getting some interest, I saw Butler's name attached two several teams.

I think butler and Jenkins could both get multi year deals, which helps IIRC in terms of the comp pick formula. Not sure if Jones would get a multi year deal or not.

Top Bottom