dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Vikings will get the same exact player they wanted all along and get an extra 4th, 5th, and 7th.

Browns get a franchise RB for three Day 3 picks.

The rare good deal for both teams trade.

I like Richardson alot, but giving up 4 picks to move up one spot for 1 RB seems like alot to me.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Vikings will get the same exact player they wanted all along and get an extra 4th, 5th, and 7th.

Browns get a franchise RB for three Day 3 picks.

The rare good deal for both teams trade.

It also illustrates the foolishness of falling in love with a certain player. They should have called Minny's bluff. Richardson ain't the only good player who made sense for Cleveland.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I like Richardson alot, but giving up 4 picks to move up one spot for 1 RB seems like alot to me.

4 for 1 is accurate technically but the 4th pick for the 3rd is a wash. If Tampa Bay was about to jump ahead of them to take Richardson, a franchise RB, they gave up three Day 3 picks to ensure they get their guy. After this trade they still have 10 picks. Browns fans should/will be happy.

If Cox was sitting their at 12 and the Cardinals called us and said Philadelphia is about to move up to 12 and they want Fletcher, I would make that same trade (4th, 5th, and 7th). In that case, the player merits it. Especially with the way Jerry drafts.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's too much.

Yup.

I had to laugh at the panel on ESPN when they were discussing the trade.

"Cleveland now has a closer alas Emmitt Smith."

They aren't in a position to close anything more than 5 or 6 times a year. Now they're short 3 picks that could have helped them this year.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Who's mad?

Mad? Nah. Takes no anger to laugh at an idiot and his retarded statements. Quite the opposite, actually.

You want Poe at 14, and Scott Wright is some kind of draft guru. Any more for us this evening?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Yup.

I had to laugh at the panel on ESPN when they were discussing the trade.

"Cleveland now has a closer alas Emmitt Smith."

They aren't in a position to close anything more than 5 or 6 times a year. Now they're short 3 picks that could have helped them this year.

And, they will get a guy that will most likely bust.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
4 for 1 is accurate technically but the 4th pick for the 3rd is a wash. If Tampa Bay was about to jump ahead of them to take Richardson, a franchise RB, they gave up three Day 3 picks to ensure they get their guy. After this trade they still have 10 picks. Browns fans should/will be happy.

If Cox was sitting their at 12 and the Cardinals called us and said Philadelphia is about to move up to 12 and they want Fletcher, I would make that same trade (4th, 5th, and 7th). In that case, the player merits it. Especially with the way Jerry drafts.

Well I do commend them for doing what they had to do to get "their guy", its also why I disagreed with you about us moving up.

If we feel that way about a certain player (whether its Cox, Barron or maybe Claiborne) then doing what you have to do to get him is worth it.

Still, its 4 for 1 and its all in the same draft. Seems like a steep price to me.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well I do commend them for doing what they had to do to get "their guy", its also why I disagreed with you about us moving up.

If we feel that way about a certain player (whether its Cox, Barron or maybe Claiborne) then doing what you have to do to get him is worth it.

Still, its 4 for 1 and its all in the same draft. Seems like a steep price to me.

You're right. I guess I just feel that while I would trade up 1 spot for Cox if I was convinced someone else is about to trade into that spot, I would not trade up for Barron. Richardson is an elite prospect IMO so he merits the move. Cox, and maybe Claiborne if he somehow slipped, would be the only players I would budge for this year.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Minnesota goes Claiborne how far down will Kalil fall? Would Carolina or Buffalo let him get by them?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Mad? Nah. Takes no anger to laugh at an idiot and his retarded statements. Quite the opposite, actually.

You want Poe at 14, and Scott Wright is some kind of draft guru. Any more for us this evening?

As opposed to Brockers? Fuck yeah. Of course I'd prefer Cox or Barron at 14, 1st.

I merely said take it for what it's worth.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jax trying to move up to Minny's spot now, they want Blackmon per Shefter and ESPN

Top Bottom