Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I hope we can come away with Oregon State S Brandon Hardin. Played CB for the Beavers, but projects to FS in the pros.

Sounds like a player Garrett is looking to add to his team. Played with a cast on his broken hand for most of his redshirt Freshman season, along with a sprained wrist.

Ran a 4.36 and 4.4 40 at his Pro Day and lifted 225, 24 times.

Barron and Hardin would set us up pretty well at safety.

Very good on special teams. Would push Danny McCray off the roster.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Bob Sturm, and him saying that he thinks Barron can be a Brian Dawkins/Troy Palamalu type safety has me warming up to the selection.

I'd still prefer Cox or DeCastro over him. And I'll say that if we do go safety in round one, we better throw a lot of draft picks at the lines the remainder of the draft. But yeah, I think in todays NFL where tight ends are prominent receivers... well, you kind of need a quality safety. And quite frankly, we've lacked that since what, 2003?

Reaction score
@MaryKayCabot
#Eagles source confirmed pd report to csnphilly they've talked to Browns "several times'' abt trading up to 4. Says unlikely, have explored.

Please do it, Philly.

Please.

Reaction score
"Every top pick since 2006 (For Dallas) has been among the team's pre-draft visitors." - @clarencehilljr

What was the list of all the visitors to Dallas again?

I don't think Michael Brockers was on it, which farks up my mock. So yeah, I know it says "Final Mock", but I'm going to change it yet again.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
7 Fletcher Cox DT Mississippi State
17 Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
19 Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
20 Cordy Glenn OG Georgia
21 Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama
26 Mark Barron SS Alabama
32 Amini Silatolu OG Midwestern State
36 Doug Martin RB Boise State
47 Harrison Smith SS Notre Dame
48 Peter Konz C Wisconsin
65 Ronnell Lewis OLB Oklahoma
74 Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt
102 Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma
130 Jeff Allen OG Illinois
194 Chris Greenwood CB Albion
251 Lionel Smith CB Texas A&M
274 D.J. Campbell FS California
357 Ronald Leary OG Memphis
412 Korey Toomer ILB Idaho
Chase Baker NT Boise State

Dallas Days
69 Jamell Fleming CB Oklahoma
Ron Brooks CB LSU
92 Cyrus Gray RB Texas A&M
112 Keenan Robinson OLB Texas
142 Josh LeRibeus OG SMU
146 Emmanuel Acho ILB Texas
152 Tank Carder ILB TCU
188 Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M
267 Grant Garner OC Oklahoma State
293 G.J. Kinne QB Tulsa
315 Greg McCoy CB TCU
345 Braylon Broughton DE TCU
346 Lance Dunbar RB North Texas
459 Anson Kelton P TCU
475Curnelius Arnick ILB Tulsa
496 Nick Stephens QB Tarkenton State
573 Isaac Madison CB Arkansas
574 Nathan Dick QB Central Arkansas
589 Richetti Jones DE/LB Oklahoma
679 Christian Scott SS Texas
718 Logan Brock TE TCU
725 Antoine Hicks WR TCU
744 David Douglas WR Arizona
McKay Jacobsen WR BYU
Kenji Jackson SS Missouri
Ter'Ran Benton SS Iowa State
Cole Beasley WR SMU
David Little WR Midwestern State
Tekkerein Cuba FS TCU
Jeff Olson OT TCU
Joe Banyard RB UTEP

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I've been trying to make my mock based on that list, and PFW's value chart. Even then, there is really no clue of how Dallas could draft.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Buzz on my boy Joe Looney, courtesy of PFW

12/10/2011 (Audibles):

NFL evaluator: "There is a buzz about (Wake Forest OG Joe) Looney. He'll play a long time in the league. He's tough and competitive and surprisingly athletic. He won't get out of the third round. I got him in the second."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11/12/2011 (Scout's Eye):

Wake Forest OLG Joe Looney is fleshy-bodied and slightly knock-kneed, but he consistently gets the job done and grades highly. His intelligence and versatility will push up his draft value.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
"Every top pick since 2006 (For Dallas) has been among the team's pre-draft visitors." - @clarencehilljr

What was the list of all the visitors to Dallas again?

I don't think Michael Brockers was on it, which farks up my mock. So yeah, I know it says "Final Mock", but I'm going to change it yet again.

The full list was never revealed. There were 7 guys who were supposed to visit but couldnt due to the weather, those guys ended up going in last week but only 1 of them was named.

Reaction score
@mattmosley
Dre Kirkpatrick has a lot of support at Valley Ranch. Not saying Cowboys will take him, but he's still in the mix.

DCUforums
@mattmosley Not going to put a lot of stock behind that report, because I don't think you're too plugged into the Cowboys anymore.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure Mosley and Sdogo are comparing notes while spanking each other's monkey

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm thinking it is Cox if he happens to fall then Barron then DeCastro.

Reaction score
@SI_PeterKing
I said I hear Heckert wants Blackmon and Holmgren was trying to decide if Tannehill's a franchise QB.

Reaction score
@DraftCountdown
#Bucs shopping Aqib Talib plus their new DB coach was secondary coach at #LSU. Writing is on the wall for Morris Claiborne, IF he's there.

Reaction score
RT @RichardDeitsch "The NFL, ESPN, the NFL Network are currently discussing ways not to tip draft picks as much this year."

Some peckerheads would still ruin it, but a gentlemens agreement between the networks and top reporters would be awesome. A selfless move not motivated by money or greed, just fan preference.

Top Bottom