cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't want us to draft Jenkins, especially at #14, but he did kep his nose clean this last year at North Alabama. Hopefully Cowboys do their homework and Jerry doesn't become fascinated with the shiny object.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I asked Mike Miller (@nfldraftscout) who he thought would be a better fit for Dallas: Melvin or Courtney.

His response:

nfldraftscout Matt Miller
@ @DCUforums I'd say Nick Perry for Dallas if you want explosive player. Upshaw is most solid of two seniors
12 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Don't want solid. Anthony SPencer is solid.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
God help me, I'm making advance excuses for Jerry...but if went ahead and drafted Jenkins, just picture him his soph and junior years (on the field) at Florida. He was the Revis of college football. Dominating.

Silver lining...

I watched him alot being an SEC guy, he was good but I do think he was somewhat overrated. The Florida pass rush while he was there was pretty good, as was the rest of the talent around him. By many accounts his year at North Alabama was pretty so-so.

He's a class A turd IMO. I wont be surprised if he's one of the two or three annual fuck ups who flunk the piss test at the combine.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mark Barron- double sports hernia

It was reported this morning by Joe Everett that the top safety in the 2012 NFL Draft, Mark Barron, has suffered a double sports hernia and will be out till July or August. That certainly isn’t good for his draft stock. Barron had previously been a mid to late first round pick but could see himself fall to the mid-second round area after this injury.

He’ll miss out on the Combine and Pro Days, both of which are really important to a players draft stock. He still has all his previous years of play to support him but teams will be looking for starters in the first round and Barron will miss most of training camp with his injury. He could still possibly start come game one, but he’ll still be behind most of the other players in terms of conditioning, among other things.

Reaction score
I watched him alot being an SEC guy, he was good but I do think he was somewhat overrated. The Florida pass rush while he was there was pretty good, as was the rest of the talent around him. By many accounts his year at North Alabama was pretty so-so.

He's a class A turd IMO. I wont be surprised if he's one of the two or three annual fuck ups who flunk the piss test at the combine.

Welcome to Dallas, Janoris.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry Jones has been GM of the Cowboys for 23 years. He doesn't need anyone to sign off on anything that happens in HIS war room.

Yeah yeah blah blah blah

If Garrett doesnt want the guy here, he wont be here. I wouldnt be surprised if Jenkins is pulled off the draft board completely with his history.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah yeah blah blah blah

If Garrett doesnt want the guy here, he wont be here. I wouldnt be surprised if Jenkins is pulled off the draft board completely with his history.

I wonder how many times does Jerry need to come down on the sideline, mid-game, to instruct Jason before dbair accepts that Jerry is still large and in charge ?

Last edited:

Rev

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yeah yeah blah blah blah

Lol.

Go Cowboys!#!#!#!3

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
from today's ESPM chat with Mel Kiper

steve (El Paso) who will the coboys draft in the first two rounds.

Mel Kiper The big thing will be the OG/C, that interior of the OL. They could look at David DeCastro. He could be a guy that immediately steps in. They could use a versatile DB. Or get help at both spots. The interior of the OL is big.

Woo hoo!

Reaction score
I just called into the local sports talk radio program and they had Wes Bunting on. I asked what he would do, knowing the Cowboys most glaring needs were secondary and interior Oline.

He said we were fortunate because the corner depth and interior Oline depth were both excellent in this draft. Strongest they've been in years.

Said he'd go DeCastro in the first. The idea of pairing a Steve Hutchinson/Alan Faneca like guard up next to Tyron Smith on the left side was just too good to pass up. DeCastro is a blue chip player, just doesn't play a deemed priority position.

Said we'd still have a shot at Chase Minnefield in the second. Maybe Dennard if he didn't run well (that suprised me).

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Bunting may have a point about the depth of the corners, seeing as how the top prospects are all watered down.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just called into the local sports talk radio program and they had Wes Bunting on. I asked what he would do, knowing the Cowboys most glaring needs were secondary and interior Oline.

He said we were fortunate because the corner depth and interior Oline depth were both excellent in this draft. Strongest they've been in years.

Said he'd go DeCastro in the first. The idea of pairing a Steve Hutchinson/Alan Faneca like guard up next to Tyron Smith on the left side was just too good to pass up. DeCastro is a blue chip player, just doesn't play a deemed priority position.

Said we'd still have a shot at Chase Minnefield in the second. Maybe Dennard if he didn't run well (that suprised me).

DeCastro and Minnifield... I'd be happy with that. I would prefer DeCastro and Gilmore, and even more DeCastro and Branch, and then Boykin in the 3rd.

overused

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am kinda warming to the idea of a trade back an picking up Hightower and a extra pick in the 2 or 3 rd

Brookins an James are done

Top Bottom