Status
Not open for further replies.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
One day after former Dallas TE Martellus Bennett signed with New York, Cowboys WR Kevin Ogleetree is visiting the Giants today.

This is great news, we could rsign newman and cover him

Reaction score
ESPN Blogs NFC East ‏ @espn_nfceast
Adam Schefter reports that "Panthers LB Dan Connor is still in Dallas and negotiating with Cowboys."

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Id rather we looked at Mike McGlynn. was pretty decent starting at C for Philly in '10. Played OG for the Bengals. Although Bengal fans weren't upset to hear that he was an impending free agent either.

C

Cr122

Can we actually sign, Connor, Pool and Livings?

Is this another case of back loading contracts?

With the Carr signing and the others from yesterday I don't see how we can do it.

DoomsdayDefense

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Been in and out of the hospital all week. Could someone give me a quick recap of what our team has done thus far? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Adam Caplan ‏ @caplannfl
Saints now announce that they have agreed to terms with free agent G Ben Grubbs.

Reaction score
Been in and out of the hospital all week. Could someone give me a quick recap of what our team has done thus far? Thanks in advance.

Hope you're okay.

As for the Cowboys...

Signed:

Brandon Carr, CB, Kansas City -- 5 years, 50.1 mil
Mackenzy Bernadeau, G, Carolina -- Was a reserve guard with some starting experience. Years/Amount not annouced
Lawrence Vickers, FB, Texans -- 3 years (I believe), unsure if $ amount released
Kyle Orton, QB, Kansas City -- 3 years, unsure $ amount

We've lost:

Laurent Robinson - signed with Jaguars
Martellus Bennett - NYG
Kevin Ogletree - visiting NYG
Tony Fiametta - team tried to work out deal, but couldn't come to agreement. We've since signed Vickers
Terrence Newman - released

Almost signed

Kellen Davis, TE, Chicago - resigned with Chicago instead

Currently visiting:

Dan Connors, ILB, Carolina - negotiating, according to Schefty. Eagles also interested
Nate Livings, G, Cincinatti
Brodney Pool, S, Jets

Not sure about anyone else, or if I've missed anything.

Past 36 hours was pretty hectic.

Reaction score
Jamison Hensley ‏ @jamisonhensley
With Ben Grubbs signing with the #Saints, let's see if #Ravens let Evan Mathis leave Baltimore today

Hopefully Baltimore signs Mathis. He's someone the Eagles want back.

Rather weaken an NFC East opponent, naturally.

Reaction score
Why in the world, if you're Mario Williams, would you want to sign in New York.

It must literally be all about the money.

The weather sucks.

There's not a shot at hell of reaching a Super Bowl.

You're in the middle of farking nowhere.

There's no great team tradition, or team mystique.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Why in the world, if you're Mario Williams, would you want to sign in New York.

It must literally be all about the money.

The weather sucks.

There's not a shot at hell of reaching a Super Bowl.

You're in the middle of farking nowhere.

There's no great team tradition, or team mystique.

What? The fan base in buffalo is as good as it gets..he would be paired with two good line players already. The environment is incredible for football there...

These crazy things people say about buffalo are annoying....which city is so great? They are pretty much all the same except ny or LA.

Football is important in buffalo if I was a player I would love to play in buffalo, Cleveland or Pittsburgh those are great blue collar towns. Perfect weather for football.

I never understand what the weather has to do with anything? All of these areas these guys play in have upscale neighborhoods where they live and have enough money to do whatever they want.....

If you work a minimum wage job I can understand the angst over buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Oakland etc.......but if your a millionaire NFL player who will be beloved there is not a single thing bad about it,

I would play in that quadrant of the rust belt before I would even consider playing in houston, Atlanta, Miami, Jacksonville, tampa etc.....those cities dont even care about football unless the team is in first place...

In the rust belt people love the NFL.

These misconceptions that get tossed around alll the time are silly.

And buffalo has just as good a chance as we do of making the superbowl, another good draft and they are going to leap frog the jets and be right there. With the afc declining it's a perfect time to go help a team get over the top.

I have been to dozens of game in buffalo, it's one of the only college type NFL cities. Green bay gets passed off as the heartland with these great fans, the reality is buffalo is just as good and it's rowdier.......winning in buffalo is as good if not better than winning in many of the NFL cities.

Reaction score
Matt Miller ‏ @nfldraftscout
#49ers hosting OG Geoff Schwartz. Easy upgrade at RG, best available should Mathis sign in Baltimore.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just want to say Todd archer was right on Grubbs, he said since he would get in the 7 million range dallas wouldn't be interested and that is exactly what he got..

It sucks that we spent the Past 3 months talking about upgrading the line and now they are just not going to put money at guard or center, at least not yet. Sucks. We had better decastro in the draft or its going to be the same ol thing.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Buffalo is a bleak town, with a talentless piece of shit football team. They gave Edwards a big deal only to watch him immediately shit the bed once he got paid.

And buffalo has just as good a chance as we do of making the superbowl, another good draft and they are going to leap frog the jets and be right there.

How fucking dare you, theebs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom