Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
JPP could easily play 3-4 OLB.

Another college pass rusher who could make some noise in the NFL is Chandler Jones(6'5", 265).
Chan-Jones.jpg

I think he's too big to be able to turn the outside corner, dip and keep his balance. JPP.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think he's too big to be able to turn the outside corner, dip and keep his balance. JPP.

Go watch the video of JPP doing like 20 back flips in a row. His athleticism is off the charts.

By the way. he turns the outside corner, dips, and beat tackles routinely as a 4-3 DE. If there was any issue with him playing 3-4 OLB it would be if can he back pedal and cover. I feel he can.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
so far, looks like a game you get from two teams that didnt belong in the championship games to begin with

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
JPP could easily play 3-4 OLB.

Another college pass rusher who could make some noise in the NFL is Chandler Jones(6'5", 265).
Chan-Jones.jpg

You love you some Chandler Jones. I checked him out. Good player. I would not object to having him. I think Branch is better against the run though.

Reaction score
Oh look... another commercial about how strong/tough the city of Detroit is.

Bullshit. That place deserves to be carpet bombed.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Go watch the video of JPP doing like 20 back flips in a row. His athleticism is off the charts.

By the way. he turns the outside corner, dips, and beat tackles routinely as a 4-3 DE. If there was any issue with him playing 3-4 OLB it would be if can he back pedal and cover. I feel he can.

Doing back-flips has nothing to do with linear flexibility. And besides, the edge the 3-4 OLB has to cross is much wider than a 4-3 DE's. Plus a 4-3 DE already has more of a leverage advantage coming up from a 3-point stance as opposed to standing up.

JPP's talents would be minimalized at OLB in a 3-4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom