Status
Not open for further replies.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Now the hyper side of me is saying, "fuck you Houston you wait until we play you for real you cocksuckers!!"

Well if it's any consolation, the Texans showed their hand as far as I am concerned. Did you see any stunts and blitzes from our defense? I didn't, but we did from the Texans. Didn't see Ware nor Spencer drop back into coverage at all. On offense, I onoly saw one slant pattern to the WR, otherwise they all appeared to be running go routes. The Oline on that one series looked liked it settled down, albeit with the penalties, but that drive was stalled because Felix head was up his ass.

C

Cr122

Well if it's any consolation, the Texans showed their hand as far as I am concerned. Did you see any stunts and blitzes from our defense? I didn't, but we did from the Texans. Didn't see Ware nor Spencer drop back into coverage at all. On offense, I onoly saw one slant pattern to the WR, otherwise they all appeared to be running go routes. The Oline on that one series looked liked it settled down, albeit with the penalties, but that drive was stalled because Felix head was up his ass.

According to Wade we played totally vanilla on defense, I believe that.

But my one issue with the defense was stopping the run. Arian Foster had his way with us. We should have at least played well against the run.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
According to Wade we played totally vanilla on defense, I believe that.

But my one issue with the defense was stopping the run. Arian Foster had his way with us. We should have at least played well against the run.

Yeah. I know. Just hope it's different come the next time we meet. We couldn't stop the run and we couldn't generate the one. This team however, needs to have a Come To Jesus talk.

C

Cr122

Yeah. I know. Just hope it's different come the next time we meet. We couldn't stop the run and we couldn't generate the one. This team however, needs to have a Come To Jesus talk.

I just wanted some positives from this offense last night, just as every other Cowboys fan did.

I keep waiting for it and nothing happens. Now I'm worried. Usually we don't play many of the starters inn the last preseason game, but now I bet they at least see a full quarter against the Dolphins.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The tackles seemed to have done alright yesterday, but it seemed like it was the interiro Oline that was the problem. I think---and it will not hapopen, but we need to part ways with Davis. Biggest Olineman in the league and yet does not play like it. It made me sick how on tha tone passing play, he didn't even try to get a hand on defender---he was doing some Rob Petitti shit---just had his hands outstretched, like that's going to stop anybody. He got paid and now he is content.

But bottomline is... HUDSON HOUCK HAS TO GO!

People rip on Jerry, and I try to defend him, but one thing about Jerry and his failings is that he is REACTIVE, instead of PROACTIVE. It shouldn't have taken that long to have gotten rid of Bruce Read, Brian Stewart, Greg Elliss, Henry, Roy Williams, and Adams. He should get rid of Roy11 after this year, but he won't. He shopuld get rid of Hudson Houck after this year but he won't.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just wanted some positives from this offense last night, just as every other Cowboys fan did.

I keep waiting for it and nothing happens. Now I'm worried. Usually we don't play many of the starters inn the last preseason game, but now I bet they at least see a full quarter against the Dolphins.

If it's any further consolation, the Redskins have also played like crap and their stuff wasn't vanilla. In fact, I do not bel;ieve they have played vanilla all preseason. In fact, the whole NFC East has played like crap this entire preseason.

Last edited:
C

Cr122

The tackles seemed to have done alright yesterday, but it seemed like it was the interiro Oline that was the problem. I think---and it will not hapopen, but we need to part ways with Davis. Biggest Olineman in the league and yet does not play like it. It made me sick how on tha tone passing play, he didn't even try to get a hand on defender---he was doing some Rob Petitti shit---just had his hands outstretched, like that's going to stop anybody. He got paid and now he is content.

But bottomline is... HUDSON HOUCK HAS TO GO!

People rip on Jerry, and I try to defend him, but one thing about Jerry and his failings is that he is REACTIVE, instead of PROACTIVE. It shouldn't have taken that long to have gotten rid of Bruce Read, Brian Stewart, Greg Elliss, Henry, Roy Williams, and Adams. He should get rid of Roy11 after this year, but he won't. He shopuld get rid of Hudson Houck after this year but he won't.

We are just not that good, and Hudson Houck needs to go, I agree.

We need to rebuild this offensive line, it's horrible. Drafting these lineman from the third rounds on have to stop.

There needs to be change all the way from the scouting department down to the coaching staff.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We are just not that good, and Hudson Houck needs to go, I agree.

We need to rebuild this offensive line, it's horrible. Drafting these lineman from the third rounds on have to stop.

There needs to be change all the way from the scouting department down to the coaching staff.

I agree. However, I do not have a problem of drafting Olinemen in the 3rd round. I've maintained, that you should not be drafting Oline from the 4th round on. Simply put, if they are not good enough to be on your first three round big board, then why bother? He needs to fucking think! I need to protect my QB and I need the best players out there doing that. Trying to build the Oline on the cheap is not the way to go. Putting just any old or young body in.

C

Cr122

I agree. However, I do not have a problem of drafting Olinemen in the 3rd round. I've maintained, that you should not be drafting Oline from the 4th round on. Simply put, if they are not good enough to be on your first three round big board, then why bother? He needs to fucking think! I need to protect my QB and I need the best players out there doing that. Trying to build the Oline on the cheap is not the way to go. Putting just any old or young body in.

I agree, but we still have to have the right people drafting the right players too.

Or bringing in the right free agents as well.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We can't draft Olineman for shit. How many have actually panned out? Allen (2nd rounder), Adams (same), Gurode (same), and Free. The rest have been horrible.

C

Cr122

We can't draft Olineman for shit. How many have actually panned out? Allen (2nd rounder), Adams (same), Gurode (same), and Free. The rest have been horrible.

Which goes to show we need to draft them earlier. Or at least scout them better.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

What it is, that Jerry the idiot does not put a premium on the Oline.

Do you think the Colts would put shit up front to protect Manning?

Do you think the Patriots would put shit up front to protect Brady?

It isn't so much where you draft the Olineman---I know it sounds like I am flip-flopping, but it's also the Oline coach AND the scouting department. In that game I saw a total lack of technique being applied. Leonard Davis acted like all he had to do was outstretch his hands and touch thwe defender and that would hold him at bay. Both him and Gurode are slow off the snap. THEY ARE NOT EVEN FUCKING TRYING. Free and surprisingly Barron did ok. It was the inerior Olien that was the problem, much like against the Vikings in the playoffs.

Reaction score
Mia @ Dallas Preseason Chatter Thread . . .

Not going to be able to watch this game, and our starters won't see the field . . . so . . . I guess I'm hoping McGee makes some noise and our young secondary & Oline depth get some experience, with the more talented ones seperating themselves from the heap a little bit.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm going to drop some invites again. Last chance to really get some guys in here before the regular season kicks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom