DoomsdayDefense

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Anyone hear Mike and Mike with Adam Schefter and Marcellus Wiley this morning? Adam said that Indy won one game - congrats - but that they need to be careful not to win another because it could cost them the first overall pick if St Louis and Minny both lose out.

They were talking about how the Colts are taking Luck, thats a given. But if Minnesota or St Louis get that pick, having both drafted QB's in the first recently, that there will essentially be an auction for that pick with teams like Miami, Washington and others very interested in it.

Adam stated the chance to draft Luck could easily be worth three #1 picks and two 2's. Maybe even four #1's.

Colts play Houston and Jacksonville.
Vikes play Washington and Chicago
Rams play Pittsburgh and San Fran.

Personally, I hope the Colts don't end up with the #1 pick so there will be a lot of intrigue leading up to the draft.

Reaction score
If Luck was the only QB in the draft, yeah, maybe. But I'm not buying that teams are going to sell out three or four #1s for a QB when players like Barkley and Griffin are also available.

I understand they're not rated as high, but still....

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
If I was a fan of a team that gave up 4 first rounders, I'd be pissed. I don't care who it was for.

Reaction score
If I was a fan of a team that gave up 4 first rounders, I'd be pissed. I don't care who it was for.

Completely agree. Also, if I am Minnesota I am still taking Luck, regardless of whether or not I have Ponder.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Completely agree. Also, if I am Minnesota I am still taking Luck, regardless of whether or not I have Ponder.

I think with how mediocre both Gabbert and Ponder looked, combined with the new way of doing rookie contracts that it doesnt preclude a team drafting a QB high more than once within a few seasons, or even in back to back seasons. Especially if they think the new guy is substantially better than whomever they just took.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Exactly. The Vikings had other needs. They shouldn't have drafted Ponder. The Panthers did it with Newton, when they selected Clausen a year earlier. Now

Top Bottom