Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That’s pretty much what I’m hearing on all fronts

I haven’t heard anyone sound optimistic with this new judge

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats to that piece of shit Goodell and his croanies Mara, Friel and others. They finally got their wish and fucked over Zeke, the Cowboys and their fans.

Truly wish Goodell and Friel would DIAF. Both equate to nothing more than giant bags of human and animal excrement mixed together.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What I still don’t get is that the appeal is still moving forward and will be heard on December 1st.

That’s all fine and dandy. But...
he starts to serve his suspension before the case is even heard. So if the case is overturned or the decision vacated he will have already served the majority of his punishment/suspension

He may be able to clear his name if the appeal goes his way. But the damage to his season, his career, his finances, the Cowboys season, and on and on will have already been done and can not be replaced

He can’t get those games back

He can’t get those yards back
He can’t get those touchdowns back

He can’t replace the damage that will be done to any records he may be in the running for or chasing

What good is winning the case if you are going to serve the sentence anyway

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What I still don’t get is that the appeal is still moving forward and will be heard on December 1st.

he starts to serve his suspension before the case is even heard. So if the case is overturned or the decision vacated he will have already served the majority of his punishment/suspension

He may be able to clear his name if the appeal goes his way. But the damage to his season, his career, his finances, the Cowboys season, and on and on will have already been done and can not be replaced

He can’t replace the damage that will be done to any records he may be in the running for or chasing

its ridiculous and maddening, the lesson to take from this saga imo is to do everything in your power to make sure you never let your fate be decided by our "justice" system

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
do everything in your power to make sure you never let your fate be decided by our "justice" system
Our justice system no-billed him. Worked perfectly.

It's the NFL's "justice system" that's faulty here.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Our justice system no-billed him.

what does that mean?

I don't agree with the judges decision to not reinstate the injunction when an appeal is still in play where Zeke could prevail (although I don't think he will) but if he happens to, he will already have served the punishment that is impossible to reverse at some later date.

We're not talking about a murderer here that is a risk to society, so its seems more fair to me to allow him to play until all appeals are exhausted but I'm sure there's some longwinded legal bullshit that keeps this from happening

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
what does that mean?
On the criminal charges. I should have realized you were talking about the appeals courts. Newsflash for you - the courts are going to uphold the provisions in the CBA regardless of the reason Goodell gives for the suspensions. He has that power and it's not ambiguous. Literally, he can just make something up or even suspend a player because he doesn't like him. Or for any reason. The Union agreed to it and it's iron clad. He's the sole arbiter in this.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What’s done is done. Time to figure out how the team handles his suspension now. From what I’ve been hearing the team is going to give Rod Smith a look here and give him a legit shot at getting a bulk of the carries, at least in short yardage and goal line situations. Anyone think they will actually do that?

On a different note the owners will have two HUGE trade chips when they get back to the negotiating table for the CBA. Article 46 and Weed.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
On the criminal charges. I should have realized you were talking about the appeals courts. Newsflash for you - the courts are going to uphold the provisions in the CBA regardless of the reason Goodell gives for the suspensions. He has that power and it's not ambiguous. Literally, he can just make something up or even suspend a player because he doesn't like him. Or for any reason. The Union agreed to it and it's iron clad. He's the sole arbiter in this.

I get that but I don't agree with allowing an agreement between two parties to usurp the constitution or laws of this country

IMO, the agreement doesn't give due process to the players so the suspension shouldn't be enforceable.

Obviously no one agrees with me since he's suspended and likely to serve the full 6

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What’s done is done.

agreed, I don't want him to get anymore injunctions, serve the 6 so it doesnt bleed into the playoffs or next season. I wish they had just sat him for the first 6 games so we'd be done with this already

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I get that but I don't agree with allowing an agreement between two parties to usurp the constitution or laws of this country

IMO, the agreement doesn't give due process to the players so the suspension shouldn't be enforceable.

Obviously no one agrees with me since he's suspended and likely to serve the full 6

We can disagree with private agreements usurping constitutional provisions all day long, until we remember there is nothing in the constitution protecting us from each other - only from the government. We have the courts for redress against each other.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
IMO, the agreement doesn't give due process to the players
Sure it does, that's what the arbitration and the courts represent. Goodell can suspend but then the player has the right to arbitration, then the courts if not satisfied. They agreed to this, they're stuck with it.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So if this team goes 4-2 or better during Zeke’s suspension how deserving would Dak be for the MVP?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So if this team goes 4-2 or better during Zeke’s suspension how deserving would Dak be for the MVP?

It won’t matter

The Eagles will go one and done in the playoffs and Wentz will get the MVP

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It won’t matter

The Eagles will go one and done in the playoffs and Wentz will get the MVP

I️ agree with the Eagles being one and done. As for the MVP Wentz I️ would definitely say is the favorite however I️ would just like to see Dak get some recognition. That dude had been solid all year long. He had some issues early in the season but the last few weeks he’s been as good or better than he was last season. If he has this team at 9-5 by the time Zeke gets back and they then clinch the top wild card spot he has to be in the conversation for MVP.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

Good point. The damage is done. It's all about salvaging two games at this point. And now that the league and the courts have bought into the "woman beater" rap, this will kill his potential to endorse products.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good point. The damage is done. It's all about salvaging two games at this point. And now that the league and the courts have bought into the "woman beater" rap, this will kill his potential to endorse products.

And the worst part might be if he is ever even accused again, the language in this suspension says he will be banned from the league for life.

I've said all along if he DID hit the woman, he deserves whatever suspension he gets. But it sure seems as if there is overwhelming evidence to show this is mostly fabricated on her end, and the league's OWN investigator said she wasn't believable and Zeke shouldn't be suspended.

This is the most crooked shit the league has been involved in since I started watching in 1975.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
And the worst part might be if he is ever even accused again, the language in this suspension says he will be banned from the league for life.

I've said all along if he DID hit the woman, he deserves whatever suspension he gets. But it sure seems as if there is overwhelming evidence to show this is mostly fabricated on her end, and the league's OWN investigator said she wasn't believable and Zeke shouldn't be suspended.

This is the most crooked shit the league has been involved in since I started watching in 1975.

He may not be a woman beater, but he's a certifiable knucklehead with a probable interest in recreational drugs, so the likelihood of him staying out of trouble is slim. Also, as a young rich dude playing for a glamorous team, it's not like he's gonna give up women, so the threat of extortion will always hang over his head. :-(

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
its ridiculous and maddening, the lesson to take from this saga imo is to do everything in your power to make sure you never let your fate be decided by our "justice" system

And don't forget that the team KNEW he was wheels off when they drafted him. But just like always with a talented player, Jerry couldn't resist and had to roll those dice.

Top Bottom