dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I met with a big front office guy with my brother, who is putting together a corporate sponsorship with the Cowboys. He told us about the injunction before the news broke, as he was getting texts from his lawyer. Jerry was lied to by Goodell about this whole thing, and he's PISSED. He said Jerry being PISSED is NOT a good thing. That alleged 5 year extension Goodell received hasn't been signed yet. Jerry and Kraft are working together in a sense. I'm gonna call it now. Goodell WILL BE FIRED.

He 100% deserves it. Totally earned it. And this kunt Friel should be shitcanned ASAP.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Like you, I think its FAR more complicated than simply asserting that Friel is a rabid Giant fan bent on helping her team and hurting their competition regardless of how it looks.
Right, most adult, professional people are able to root for a team but still objectively do their jobs. Only a few adults still sport a child's rabid, completely irrational fandom that blinds them to facts.

*Looks at zone*

I think the league was just trying to keep the PC police off their backs on violence against women after the Rice and Brown backlash.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Right, most adult, professional people are able to root for a team but still objectively do their jobs. Only a few adults still sport a child's rabid, completely irrational fandom that blinds them to facts.

*Looks at zone*

I think the league was just trying to keep the PC police off their backs on violence against women after the Rice and Brown backlash.

Not to mention to show their sponsors that they take a hard stance on DV. The almighty dollar is the main reason for the conspiracy.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I'd love to know a hell a lot more about the Friel character. Most corruption is due to money. Follow the money. How does she and her spouse make money. All sources.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Goodell has proven to be a panderer (see Michael Sam, National Anthem protests, bathroom controversies etc etc) but you'd think that to completely remove ANY potential hint of bias that one wouldn't hire a devout fan of one particular team to make decisions on punishment, especially if there's a very obvious conflict of interest between the team that person pulls for and the team she is ruling against.
Goodell is the sole decider on league punishments though. It's in the league bylaws. Not anyone else.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Goodell is the sole decider on league punishments though. It's in the league bylaws. Not anyone else.

And that is exactly why Zeke will be serving the full 6 week suspension next season

The NFLPA fucked every single player when they agreed to allow the commish to be judge, jury, and executioner

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So again, why even put anyone in that position? There's only about 2 billion lawyers out there and probably 1000's who specialize in DV, and surely they could find ONE that isn't a fan of the NFL and could be completely impartial when looking at evidence and facts.

I dont think they give a damn how it looks, like you said previously, he seems more concerned about pandering to whatever the mass hysteria of the day is

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

exactly, the pendulum has swung the other direction and they decided by gawd we're gonna err on the side of guilt so we never have another Ray Rice incident. Fortunately there doesn't appear to be a video looming out there (I hope)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd love to know a hell a lot more about the Friel character. Most corruption is due to money. Follow the money. How does she and her spouse make money. All sources.

There some background stories on her from previous cases before she came into the NFL job that are pretty dubious to say the least.

Seems like she is pure 100% scumbitch

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah but for weeks they made a huge deal out of how he wasn't associated with the Zeke decision, that he had left it entirely up to Friel and this "panel"

Then once he saw that the league was getting called out on it, he changed his tune and supposedly was "informed about all aspects the entire time"

The judge who made the ruling Friday said evidence shows he was not in the know.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And that is exactly why Zeke will be serving the full 6 week suspension next season

We'll see, seems the opinion of a lot of legal experts is he has a decent chance of getting this completely overturned.

The evidence clearly didn't support a 6 game suspension.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What I'm saying is the facts of the case don't matter

The truth doesn't matter

Guilt doesn't matter

Because of the CBA the only thing that matters is the Commissioners ruling. The NFLPA gave up their rights to a fair trial when they appointed the commish as the judge, jury, and executioner. That is ultimately what the courts will look at. They will look at the rules set forth and agreed upon in the CBA and rule accordingly

Which is in Goodell's favor

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mike Garafolo

@MikeGarafolo
So the league wants to hit the accelerator and try to make Zeke serve the suspension this year. Will have to argue why.
https://
twitter.com/rapsheet/statu
s/907259791029960704*

Mac Engel

@MacEngelProf
#Cowboys didn't think this was going to happen, and don't believe it will be successful
twitter.com/KXAN_News/stat
us/907259953928396800*

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Brad Townsend

@townbrad
And as @WALLACHLEGAL previously noted, Fifth Circuit's average time for hearing/ruling on an appeal is 8.8 months.
twitter.com/wallachlegal/s
tatus/907241389712461830*

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Daniel Wallach @WALLACHLEGAL
NFL's goal with this emergency motion: get it denied QUICKLY!

Then take their best shot with the Fifth Circuit.

Watch how they differ.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
NFL will file for expedited appeal in Ezekiel Elliott case

A league source tells PFT that the league will also request an expedited appeal from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, although there’s no way to know if that will make a significant difference in how quickly the case is heard. The average time from notice of appeal to decision in the Fifth Circuit averages over eight months and an expedited appeal in the Tom Brady case still took sixth months.

The league will also file a motion asking for a stay of the case to block any further action being taken by District Court Judge Amos L. Mazzant III pending the appeal at some point in the next 24 hours.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ion-for-a-stay-of-ezekiel-elliott-injunction/

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Judge Mazzant will not be staying his own preliminary injunction. But the federal appellate rules require it to be presented to him first.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting that NFL sought emergency stay in Elliott case, but not in Deflategate.

Reason: Mazzant's opinion attacks NFL's integrity

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
In new stay motion, NFL improperly conflates recoupment of lost game checks with a lack of irreparable harm:

Top Bottom