spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I seriously doubt the NFLPA people ever foresaw Goodell and the league office reaching these levels of pure fucking idiocy and incompetence.

Which is why I hope in 2021 the NFLPA fight the NFL for all they're worth and prevent stuff like this from ever happening again.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He already did in the past as was reported elsewhere. I believe part of that was a bonus. The announced salary I heard this year was 31 million. Either way you can see why he is despised by the players. They do all the work and take all risks, and he makes far more than any player.
I wasn't asking when he was scheduled to be getting that salary, I was asking when he is scheduled to start showing he was worth it.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
7560802dd2b8daae23ee55dea54639ed.jpg

And the hits keep on coming in this witch hunt!

247Sports

You guys think this goes as far as the Supreme Court? At this point is it really worth dragged by this case out over another year?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He is going to miss games. Only question is when and how many. Brady was able to put it off for a year when he got a temporary injunction. Ultimately legal scholars said Brady would lose a final decision so he took the suspension at the most convenient time. Bottom line is, this case was lost when the NFLPA worried way more about their revenue cut than about some of the ancillary issues like discipline. Never should have left Goodell in a position where he felt he needed to show the owners and sponsors, etc, that he was worth the cool 44 million a year he makes.

And the NFLPA is going to bend over and spread their cheeks even wider when the owners offer to stop testing for weed.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You guys think this goes as far as the Supreme Court? At this point is it really worth dragged by this case out over another year?

If it's going to turn into a Brady situation where he doesn't have to serve the suspension until next year I would much rather have him serve it this year and be ready to go next season

I don't expect us to make a super bowl run this season because of our new kids on defense. No matter how good our offense may be we just won't be able to get it done with this defense

So I would much rather him get it over with this year and be ready for next year when our D has had a chance to grow and get some experience along with having one more off season to plug the holes in our D

Next year me may make a run, but not this year, with or without Zeke

Have him serve it and get it over with

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If it's going to turn into a Brady situation where he doesn't have to serve the suspension until next year I would much rather have him serve it this year and be ready to go next season

I don't expect us to make a super bowl run this season because of our new kids on defense. No matter how good our offense may be we just won't be able to get it done with this defense

So I would much rather him get it over with this year and be ready for next year when our D has had a chance to grow and get some experience along with having one more off season to plug the holes in our D

Next year me may make a run, but not this year, with or without Zeke

Have him serve it and get it over with

That's what I'm thinking. And because of the CBA he's going to lose every appeal he files. If he wants to sue them in civil court to get his money back then that's fine but I'm just ready for all this shit to be over with. Just serve it and get it done with and move on.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You cats have no faith in the Legion of Noobs? I think it's a wash, this secondary has been horrid for years. Just getting rid of a numbskull like Claiborne has to be a plus not a minus.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You cats have no faith in the Legion of Noobs? I think it's a wash, this secondary has been horrid for years. Just getting rid of a numbskull like Claiborne has to be a plus not a minus.

If you mean the NFLPA then hell no. And instead of fixing it at the next negotiations these idiots are going to fuck themselves even more once the owners put weed on the table.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

That's fine

Let's call it a wash

We were not a super bowl team last season and we are not a super bowl winning team this year.

Whereas next year we just might be ready

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you mean the NFLPA then hell no.
Huh?

Legion of Boobs was what I called our secondary for at least a coupla years because they were all dumbasses.... Then I changed it to "Legion of Noobs" because most of them are rookies now. We got rid of the morons we had.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Huh?

Legion of Boobs was what I called our secondary for at least a coupla years because they were all dumbasses.... Then I changed it to "Legion of Noobs" because most of them are rookies now. We got rid of the morons we had.

Oh in that case, no I have no faith in them. They have to be on the field before anyone can even begin to have faith in them. So far Marquez White has been the only one to consistently be on the field and he might not even make the team.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Oh in that case, no I have no faith in them. They have to be on the field before anyone can even begin to have faith in them. So far Marquez White has been the only one to consistently be on the field and he might not even make the team.
It's gotta be a wash though right? They can't be any worse than the dunderheads we had.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Definitely have a point there. Not much room to get worse.

There is ALWAYS plenty of room to get worse. We are fielding a backfield full of rookies. Things can get much worse!

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
There is ALWAYS plenty of room to get worse. We are fielding a backfield full of rookies. Things can get much worse!
I agree. They could very well be worse. But I'm glad the FO took that risk because we were never going to win a Championship with the previous defensive backfield.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I agree. They could very well be worse. But I'm glad the FO took that risk because we were never going to win a Championship with the previous defensive backfield.
Not a lot worse than the Legion of Boobs we've had. It's a wash - still our weakest spot.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Elliott people requested league assign a completely independent 3rd party to handle the hearing tomorrow and, shocker, they denied that request.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Elliott people requested league assign a completely independent 3rd party to handle the hearing tomorrow and, shocker, they denied that request.

they should already file the appeal for an injunction (or whatever its called) because the NFL appeal seems like a futile waste of time

Top Bottom