Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
According to PFF:

Signature Stat: Martin’s +19.9 overall grade since Week 4 is second to only Marshal Yanda among guards.

And:

Martin has surrendered just total pressures (1 hit, five hurries) on 354 pass blocking snaps this season.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
He's also their 3rd highest graded rookie after Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald, and before fellow rookie OG Joel Bitonio.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
If the season ended today, all five lineman would make the probowl if I read the selection rules right.

He plays like he's had 2-3 years of seasoning already. Unreal.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Brian Kelly said after the draft that he'd get us to the Superbowl -- he was that good and that great a leader.

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the 1 hit he gave up was against JJ Watt. Ill give him a pass on that one. Martin is fun to watch. He doesn’t make mistakes (according to my untrained eye).

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And the experts were down on the Martin pick. smh
To be fair, the Dallas "braintrust" hasn't really given us much reason to trust them. But, the three first round picks for the o-line have been good hits.

Reaction score
I don't remember many people being "down" on Martin. He was widely considered a safe pick at 16, which is pretty damn good for a guard. The team wanted Shazier at that spot, but when he got picked at 15 it was really a no brainer. Jerry almost fucked it up by picking Manziel.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the 1 hit he gave up was against JJ Watt. Ill give him a pass on that one. Martin is fun to watch. He doesn’t make mistakes (according to my untrained eye).

But Manziel would have still been the better pick. ---- Everlastingxxx

Reaction score
I don't remember many people being "down" on Martin. He was widely considered a safe pick at 16, which is pretty damn good for a guard. The team wanted Shazier at that spot, but when he got picked at 15 it was really a no brainer. Jerry almost fucked it up by picking Manziel.

What pep said.

All the experts hated the Frederick pick but I don't remember anyone bashing the Martin selection

How is Martin rankings compared to Jonathan Cooper and Chance Womack?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What pep said.

All the experts hated the Frederick pick but I don't remember anyone bashing the Martin selection

And DeCastro. Speaking of Fredricks... he seems to be the lost man in all of this. Couldn't ask for a better Center.

Reaction score
What pep said.

There wasn't bashing, but I think a lot of fans were underwhelmed by the selection. After all, Martin was the guy who the Cowboys drafted because the other guys the Cowboys really wanted were already gone. Even Jerry wasn't so excited with this pick. Jerry wanted Manziel.

Here's a couple of articles about Martin (but not about Dallas) that were written right around the time of the draft. Martin got a lot of great press.

1. http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/05/07/chatards-zack-martin-go-early-nfl-draft-thursday/8803631/

2. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article1963498.html

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What pep said.

I don't know about now, but the week we played Arizona there were articles about Cooper not even starting any games this yr for them. Remember last yr he missed all his rookie yr with a bad leg injury.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
Regarding Frederick, people were pissed off with where he was selected, not with Frederick the player.

Most likely would have had Frederick where we drafted Fasano.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Regarding Frederick, people were pissed off with where he was selected, not with Frederick the player.

Most likely would have had Frederick where we drafted Fasano.

Can't complain when you land a F.E.W. (Fredericks, Esocbar, and Williams).

Top Bottom