touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score

In a two-hour interview with the former Fox News host – coming just ahead of the two-year anniversary of Russia's invasion of Ukraine – Putin also said a deal "can be reached" on imprisoned Wall Street Journal reporter Evan Gershkovich.

"Certain terms being discussed via special services channels," he said, while insisting that the reporter is a spy – something the Journal and US government vehemently deny.

It was the first one-on-one interview of Putin by someone from the Western media since 2019.

However Carlson, who is close to White House candidate and former president Donald Trump, asked few tough questions and largely listened while the Kremlin leader lectured him on his views of Russian history, portraying the country as a victim of Western betrayals.

Putin defended his decision to invade Ukraine in February 2022. And he said the West now realises that Russia will not be defeated, despite US, European and NATO help to Ukraine.

"Up until now, there has been the uproar and screaming about inflicting a strategic defeat to Russia on the battlefield. But now they are apparently coming to realise that it is difficult to achieve, if possible, at all. In my opinion, it is impossible by definition," he said.

He also aimed a message at the US Congress, where Trump-dominated Republicans are increasingly reluctant to keep backing Ukraine with weapons and other military aid.

"I will tell you what we are saying on this matter and what we are conveying to the US leadership. If you really want to stop fighting, you need to stop supplying weapons," he said.

When asked if Moscow would consider invading other countries in the region – NATO members Poland and Latvia – or generally across the European continent, Putin said that was "out of the question."

"We have no interest in Poland, Latvia or anywhere else. Why would we do that? We simply don't have any interest. It's just threat mongering," Putin said.

A war with Poland, he said, would happen "only in one case: if Poland attacks Russia."

touchdown

Reaction score
Chew on this:

Russian leader Vladimir Putin said in his interview with Tucker Carlson this week that he asked U.S. President Bill Clinton in 2000 if Russia could join NATO and, while Clinton allegedly said he was personally warm to the idea, his advisers decided it was politically impossible.

“I asked him: ‘Bill, do you think if Russia asked to join NATO, do you think it would happen?’ Suddenly he said, ‘You know, it’s interesting. I think so,’” Putin recalled.

“But in the evening, when we met for dinner, he said: ‘You know, I’ve talked to my team, no, it’s not possible now,’” Putin continued.

“If he had said yes, the process of rapprochement would have commenced, and eventually it might have happened if we had seen some sincere wish on the side of our partners,” the Russian dictator mused.

Given that the North Atlantic Treaty Organization was founded to oppose the expansionist Soviet Union, and persists largely as a counter to the successor Russian government, it certainly would have been a historic event if Russia had been allowed to join. There is some historical evidence to suggest the idea was kicked around during the time period Putin claimed.

In a November 2021 interview recounted by the UK Guardian, former UK Defense Secretary George Robertson, who was the secretary-general of NATO from 1999 to 2003, told a story similar to the one Putin gave to Tucker Carlson.

Robertson said Putin spoke with him in Brussels soon after becoming president of Russia in 2000 and expressed a desire to become “part of that secure, stable, prosperous West that Russia was out of at the time.”

“When are you going to invite us to join NATO?” he recalled Putin asking.

touchdown

Reaction score
Let's just get the Hell out of NATO!!! Europe needs to put their Big Boy pants on, and defend themselves, without our help and finances...

Admin note: this article was removed by abc news but obtained from archive:

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Chew on this:

Russian leader Vladimir Putin said in his interview with Tucker Carlson this week that he asked U.S. President Bill Clinton in 2000 if Russia could join NATO and, while Clinton allegedly said he was personally warm to the idea, his advisers decided it was politically impossible.

“I asked him: ‘Bill, do you think if Russia asked to join NATO, do you think it would happen?’ Suddenly he said, ‘You know, it’s interesting. I think so,’” Putin recalled.

“But in the evening, when we met for dinner, he said: ‘You know, I’ve talked to my team, no, it’s not possible now,’” Putin continued.

“If he had said yes, the process of rapprochement would have commenced, and eventually it might have happened if we had seen some sincere wish on the side of our partners,” the Russian dictator mused.

Given that the North Atlantic Treaty Organization was founded to oppose the expansionist Soviet Union, and persists largely as a counter to the successor Russian government, it certainly would have been a historic event if Russia had been allowed to join. There is some historical evidence to suggest the idea was kicked around during the time period Putin claimed.

In a November 2021 interview recounted by the UK Guardian, former UK Defense Secretary George Robertson, who was the secretary-general of NATO from 1999 to 2003, told a story similar to the one Putin gave to Tucker Carlson.

Robertson said Putin spoke with him in Brussels soon after becoming president of Russia in 2000 and expressed a desire to become “part of that secure, stable, prosperous West that Russia was out of at the time.”

“When are you going to invite us to join NATO?” he recalled Putin asking.

This makes no sense. NATO exists to defend Europe from invasion from Russia. If Russia joins NATO there is not need for NATO.

touchdown

Reaction score
Britain and France, who have such a hard on to get the US (taxpayer) to send even more $Billions to "Ukraine," are playing right along in their media, to ballyhoo the death of the Russian dissident Navalny.

Navalny’s widow accuses Putin of killing her husband as relatives are again denied access to body

Yulia Navalnaya: Russian opposition leader's 'principled and fearless' widow

Navalny's widow to attend EU foreign affairs council meeting

touchdown

Reaction score
The Biden administration is reportedly taking its goal of a temporary cease-fire in the Israel-Hamas war to the U.N. Security Council as early as Tuesday.

According to Reuters, the U.S. text states in part that it "determines that under current circumstances a major ground offensive into Rafah would result in further harm to civilians and their further displacement including potentially into neighboring countries."

---Only--- Israel, it seems, is prohibited from causing displacement of others to neighboring countries....

A senior administration official speaking to Reuters on condition of anonymity said, "We don't believe a rush to a vote is necessary or constructive and intend on allowing time for negotiations."

touchdown

Reaction score
The very idea, that of all the peoples on the entire Earth, that there is some magical "Universal Law," that the "Palestinian" people (who lost the 1967 War bty...) shall never be allowed to be displaced as refugees, to a neighboring country, is, bonkers!!!

Israel is considered by "some" "nations" as "Occupiers."

Well, if we go down that road, then the Turks are "Occupiers" of Constantinople, and the Turks must be expelled!!! Let me know when that happens, then you can get back to me about Israel being "Occupiers" . . .

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC, there's a mosque built on top of the Temple of Jerusalem for gawd sakes, acting like the jews came out of no where is nuts

regardless, its pathetic that out of the heart of perhaps the 3 largest religions erupts nonstop violence for centuries

I only see 3 possible solutions: annihilation, capitulation or forgiveness but there will always be enough people on either side to prevent any of these from ever happening so nothing will ever change

Last edited:

touchdown

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC, there's a mosque built on top of the Temple of Jerusalem for gawd sakes, acting like the jews came out of no where is nuts

regardless, its pathetic that out of the heart of perhaps the 3 largest religions erupts nonstop violence for centuries

I only see 3 possible solutions: annihilation, capitulation or forgiveness but there will always be enough people on either side to prevent any of these from ever happening so nothing will ever change

The deal (ultimatum) to Islam is... You get to keep Mecca & Medina, ONLY if Israel gets complete ownership and control of a mosque free Temple Mount & complete ownership and control of the Real Mt. Sinai, in the land of Midian.

Otherwise, no more Mecca and Medina for you !!!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The deal (ultimatum) to Islam is... You get to keep Mecca & Medina, ONLY if Israel gets complete ownership and control of a mosque free Temple Mount & complete ownership and control of the Real Mt. Sinai, in the land of Midian.

Otherwise, no more Mecca and Medina for you !!!

Is that a current deal or something you're proposing?

touchdown

Reaction score
Is that a current deal or something you're proposing?
It's very much what I would propose, America being a Juedo-Christian based nation.
We have the nukes and the delivery systems, and they don't.
It's a fair deal for them.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score

An EMP would not discriminate between Cellular electronics and everything else. If we get hit with an EMP all modern electronics would be effected. It would be mayhem, and also an act of war.

Keep a generator and important electronics in a faraday cage, just in case. ;)

touchdown

Reaction score
A ship attacked by Yemen’s Houthi rebels has sunk in the Red Sea after days of taking on water, officials said Saturday, the first vessel to be fully destroyed as part of their campaign over Israel’s war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip.

The sinking of the Rubymar, which carried a cargo of fertilizer and previously leaked fuel, could cause ecological damage to the Red Sea.

Persistent Houthi attacks have already disrupted traffic in the crucial waterway for cargo and energy shipments moving from Asia and the Middle East to Europe. Already, many ships have turned away from the route.

The sinking could see further detours and higher insurance rates put on vessels plying the waterway — potentially driving up global inflation and affecting aid shipments to the region.

Top Bottom