Reaction score
Dumb asshole backs up hall of famer and quits on team.

Why didn't they use him moar?1

Yea when things are rolling lets stop feeding dez n witten and throw a backside screen to tellus that he'll drop or turn into a gain of 4.

Plus the guy still sucks. Do you think the giants miss Steve smith, plaxico, Shockey, Kevin boss etc?

Suck a dick

Reaction score
They were going to give us a 1st and Roy Williams (back) to sweeten the pot.

Horseshit.

The "1st round" rumor has since been debunked.

That being said, would Jerry have traded him for a 1st rounder? Hell no. Jerry don't play like that.

Reaction score
Also doesn't help to have fans from Jersey (the toilet bowl of civilization) openly root for the team.

The Jets exist for a reason.

Reaction score
We just won a huge game in impressive fashion and you dig this thread up to take pot shots at Witten?

31 other teams, go suck all their dicks

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Horseshit.

The "1st round" rumor has since been debunked.

That being said, would Jerry have traded him for a 1st rounder? Hell no. Jerry don't play like that.

Debunked?

By who?

Theebs has a video on his page of Babe saying it was "confirmed" to be a 1st rounder.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well a link shouldn't be too hard to produce then.

Go google up the old articles of the people that cover the team. Both Jones' had comments in the local Dallas papers about it, and then the Bengals beat writers confirmed the same thing Jones said, about it being a "middle round pick and a starting calibar player", and that player was later identified as WR Chris Henry. Nobody that covered either team (for the papers) or anyone in the national media ever reported it as a 1st rd pick, other than Babe saying thats what he heard.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4582872

Jerry: "We had a significant offer for a key player that we turned down, and turned down in getting in more extended dialogue for," Jones said before Wednesday's practice. "So we did have that kind of activity . . . but I shouldn't name the player or the team. It was a very firm, significant offer for one of our young players that we had a chance for a lot of consideration if we had wanted to take it, and we didn't."

http://lonestarstruck.com/2009/10/21/getting-healthy-for-atlanta-and-a-trade-offer/

Also reported by Star-Telegram.com that when Jerry Jones was asked if Tashard Choice was part of the trade offer Jones said no. But said the Cowboys were offered a first day draft pick in 2010. Jones declined the trade offer because of how important the Dallas player is for the team this season.

“We could have probably made a “now” impact and just bolstered a position and significantly, and obviously we would have had a takeaway since it’s a young player for the future,” Jones said. “By the same token, and I’m talking about the type of consideration, first- or second-round type consideration, but the bottom line is this, had I not thought that we needed that player right now as opposed to pushing forward in consideration for picks in the future, then I would have taken the pick option on it rather than the player.”

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Go google up the old articles of the people that cover the team. Both Jones' had comments in the local Dallas papers about it, and then the Bengals beat writers confirmed the same thing Jones said, about it being a "middle round pick and a starting calibar player", and that player was later identified as WR Chris Henry. Nobody that covered either team (for the papers) or anyone in the national media ever reported it as a 1st rd pick, other than Babe saying thats what he heard.

Yeah, let me believe the Jones'. The same one who told us that there was interest in Stephen McGee just a month ago and McGee is currently signed where? Someone inquired about trading for the guy but wouldn't sign him for free?

And it wasn't something Babe "heard". It was something CBS11 "confirmed".

To say it was debunked is complete bullshit. To say I should local at local Cincy reports for accurate info when local Dallas repots don't jive with your wishes is even more bullshit.

Reaction score
Yeah, let me believe the Jones'. The same one who told us that there was interest in Stephen McGee just a month ago and McGee is currently signed where? Someone inquired about trading for the guy but wouldn't sign him for free?

And it wasn't something Babe "heard". It was something CBS11 "confirmed".

To say it was debunked is complete bullshit. To say I should local at local Cincy reports for accurate info when local Dallas repots don't jive with your wishes is even more bullshit.

You're contradicting yourself here, buddy.

The common source for both McGee and Bennett "trade" rumors is Jerry Jones so you can't selectively choose when to believe his crazy ass.

Real life, sober people have attested that a first was never offered.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Umm. Babe and steve Dennis were the first ones with the offer for Bennett.

All the other stories were follow ups and the team publically saying it wasn't offered.

The report everyone uses to try and disprove Abe and Steve was Matt mosley's report a few days later. He is as reliable as a yugo.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You're contradicting yourself here, buddy.

The common source for both McGee and Bennett "trade" rumors is Jerry Jones so you can't selectively choose when to believe his crazy ass.

Real life, sober people have attested that a first was never offered.

Jerry was THE source for McGee because there was no other source. It was bullshit.

Jerry was A source regarding Bennett likely because he was asked questions on it. There were rumors and all sorts of shit flying around before Jerry even said anything.

I'm not believing Jerry as a source on the Bennett trade, just as I don't believe him on the McGee trade. He's full of shit.

I'm believing that when a credible news source says they have "confirmed" something that they just aren't making it up.

Furthermore, look at the outcomes of both situations. McGee......out of football.

Cincy......spent a 1st rounder on a TE.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Umm. Babe and steve Dennis were the first ones with the offer for Bennett.

All the other stories were follow ups and the team publically saying it wasn't offered.

The report everyone uses to try and disprove Abe and Steve was Matt mosley's report a few days later. He is as reliable as a yugo.

Yeah but the people that cover the Bengals reported the same thing Theebs.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah but the people that cover the Bengals reported the same thing Theebs.

sorry, I have said this a million times, all the armchair qbs at home can say its not true.

Babe had the story because he was told directly on the field before the game I imagine by jason garrett or stephen jones.

all the other stuff is the teams just not having to say.

babe said it, it happened. he never reports on stuff that is not true and has never made anything up in a scenario where he cited it as confirmed. We didnt take it because he was in year 2 and we were a good team.

Top Bottom