Reaction score
Cowboys tight end and team player representative Jason Witten joined 103.3 KESN-FM to talk about the lockout and moving forward. Here are some highlights:

How tense did it get during negotiations of the new collective bargaining agreement?

Witten: It was very tense. I think it was a long process for everybody when you think back from March to now. It's been a long four or five months, but I think now everybody's just happy now that it's over and you can focus on football, getting to camp and starting the season. It's amazing to think that this lockout would still be going on had it not been for an Email sent in from a fan in Arizona. It touched all of us. Here in Dallas, the season couldn't get here fast enough after last season.

Which teams have the advantage in this odd schedule situation?

Witten: The team that's able to put it behind them and go focus on that work and get their work in as best they can. That was kind of our approach in the off-season as players was let's get a competitive advantage through the work that we do. We felt like we did that and we had some good workouts together.

Has the perception of Jerry Jones changed among other players after negotiations?

Witten: It was always about a fair deal with him and trying to move forward. Not so much just what benefits him personally but what was benefitting the league. ... They saw what we deal with every day: somebody that's extremely loyal, competitive and does everything he can to win. From that end, you're just lucky to play for him.

What do you think about the new rule of 14 padded practices per season?

Witten: I don't know that any coach is going to be extremely excited to see that. I can't imagine that they're going to be thrilled with that. I don't know. At this point in my career, you start talking about longevity and in protecting you, it's good. I do see their concerns from a developmental standpoint with young players. If they're not in there hitting, there's only certain situations where you can create what a game's going to be like.

Thoughts looking ahead to training camp?

Witten: We've got a lot of work to do as a team, we know that. I do think that we're a team that's hungry and focused. It's not about a spark or a buzz, it's just about us getting better.

C

Cr122

Thoughts looking ahead to training camp?

Witten: We've got a lot of work to do as a team, we know that. I do think that we're a team that's hungry and focused. It's not about a spark or a buzz, it's just about us getting better.

:B&B:

Doctor32

Spectator
Reaction score
Glad to hear Witten is ready to go.

Carefully wading the waters of Cowboys Universe.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Cowboys tight end and team player representative Jason Witten joined 103.3 KESN-FM to talk about the lockout and moving forward. Here are some highlights:

How tense did it get during negotiations of the new collective bargaining agreement?

Witten: It was very tense. I think it was a long process for everybody when you think back from March to now. It's been a long four or five months, but I think now everybody's just happy now that it's over and you can focus on football, getting to camp and starting the season. It's amazing to think that this lockout would still be going on had it not been for an Email sent in from a fan in Arizona. It touched all of us.

Lol. Nice.

Top Bottom