GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I haven't checked all the different scenarios, but after fooling around w the playoff machine...barring sweeping the Eagles, it appears philly wins just about every tiebreaker w us..

Feel free to do your own work and find scenarios where we do win tiebreakers...I found one scenario where we win a tiebreaker where we both finish 10-6...but can't find any at 11-5....I don't think both dal and phi finish 10-6...if we have to win 12 games to win the division, that's a bit depressing

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The division is right there for the taking. Beat the Eagles or else. Don't back in to the playoffs. Don't hope for help. Beat those bastards twice. I know its possible to beat them twice, go 2-3 and lose the division if they go 3-2 but that's us going 0-3 against the Bears, Colts, and Redskins while they go 3-0 against the Seahawks, Redskins, and the Giants.

My worst fear would be be just missing the playoffs or sneaking in and getting killed AND then Garrett gets an extension. He should either earn that contract in the next 4 games or they should move on.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry isn't moving on, that ship has sailed. We'd have to lose out for that to even be a possibility, and that isn't happening.

Norm Hitzges nailed it on the postgame show. Going into this year, Jerry's worst nightmare was the team going 7-9 or so and having to figure out how to sell Garrett to the fanbase. Now he doesn't have to worry about that.

Reaction score
I haven't checked all the different scenarios, but after fooling around w the playoff machine...barring sweeping the Eagles, it appears philly wins just about every tiebreaker w us..

Feel free to do your own work and find scenarios where we do win tiebreakers...I found one scenario where we win a tiebreaker where we both finish 10-6...but can't find any at 11-5....I don't think both dal and phi finish 10-6...if we have to win 12 games to win the division, that's a bit depressing

No offense intended, but I am curious about something and hope I dont piss you off.

How can you be sporting a Seattle Seagulls avatar and yet claim to be a Cowboys fan? I call that being a "Bandwagon Jumper".

I guess its me being brought up from 'The old school'. I was taught (and have the common sense) to choose one team and root for them no matter what happened. Win-Lose OR Tie, its that team I hold my alliegance until I die. For me, there is only one NFL team that is worthy of my devotion.......... The Dallas Cowboys.

So, I have a question for you. What happens if the Cowboys have to play the Seagulls in the playoffs?

Who are you going to root for to win? Your avatar tells me 'The Seagulls'.

I hope brutal honesty did not create an enemy.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Last year when we stunk the hip thing to do was pick another team to root for. GDs copied Pep and went with the Seahawks.

Reaction score
No offense intended, but I am curious about something and hope I dont piss you off.

How can you be sporting a Seattle Seagulls avatar and yet claim to be a Cowboys fan?

A few months ago all us disgruntled fans changed our avatars to other teams. One guy even had the Jaguars, I think.

Glory days has been a cowboys fan and poster on these boards forever.

Reaction score
As for the OP, I think we lose two more:

Split with Eagles and lose to the Colts.

That is assuming everyone (Murray and Romo, specifically) staying healthy. Which is a tall task IMO.

Now, I don't think were a "real" 11-5 team. Meaning I think were way too flawed to end up with that record. When you look at the circumstances surrounding a number of our wins, I'd say we've caught a lot of breaks this year. Like the stars are aligning or Garrett has a horseshoe up his ass.

But our remaining schedule is relatively easy. Our biggest foe is quaterbacked by Butt Fumble, FFS.

If we win on Thursday I'd say the division is all but ours.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Being the 5th seed wouldn't be a bad situation at all this yr.

We'd be playing the worst division winner in NFL history in the WC round, and right now would have a 2nd rd game at Arizona. Its probably a longshot that they end up with the 1 seed right now considering their schedule and who their QB is, but if they were the 5th seed (whoever it is) is in great shape to get to the NFC Champ game.

Every team in the NFC is probably desperate to get homefield advantage, but Dallas is probably the one team where getting home field advantage wouldn't mean as much because of the way we can run the football and how well they play on the road overall.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I found a scenario in which we win the division at 11-5 via the strength of victory Tb...so that's good to know...I had almost given up hope

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Here's a crazy scenario, Cowboys get the 5th spot (1st wild card) and get to play NO/Atlanta/Carolina

They win that and then play Arizona and upset them

The 6th seed wins their two games and Dallas gets a home game in the championship

Long shot and a pipe dream but I'd take it

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
A few months ago all us disgruntled fans changed our avatars to other teams. One guy even had the Jaguars, I think.

Glory days has been a cowboys fan and poster on these boards forever.

I didn't, front runner.

Reaction score
Here's a crazy scenario, Cowboys get the 5th spot (1st wild card) and get to play NO/Atlanta/Carolina

They win that and then play Arizona and upset them

The 6th seed wins their two games and Dallas gets a home game in the championship

Long shot and a pipe dream but I'd take it
Yep, and that 6th seed will likely be Seattle or SF, so not unlikely that they beat the some combination of Eagles/Packers/Lions.

Top Bottom