Reaction score
Platoon running backs, passing league, RB lifespan, Mayan calendar conflicts, NFL-ending concussion lawsuits, George Zimmerman killing all black people.

The answer is yes.

~Raise your hand if Vinny del Garrett did not ruin your NFL prime.~

Emmitt, you're good.

Not so fast Romo, Ware and Witten...

Reaction score
I think there's a strong chance. Emphasis isn't on the running game anymore.

And I kind of hate that. In the 1980's and 90's, the rushing champ was like a celebrated thing. Or at least it seemed like there was an emphasis placed on it.

Now... I couldn't tell you who's led the league in rushing in any of the past 5 years. I'd probably guess MJD or AP once or twice.

But yeah, I think LT was the last legit threat. Now that he's retiring, that 18k mark will stand forever.

Not that anyone gives a shat though.

Reaction score
Confession: Got misty-eyed when Emmitt broke the record.

He was my favorite player when I was growing up.

Hate him now though.

Babbling idiot.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No doubt about it. No one will be that good and last that long ever again.

Reaction score
I got misty-eyed too.

Dallas was so bad, they had to cut into like a Jaguars vs. Browns game to show it live, so the tears quickly dried when Mark Brunell returned to my screen.

#nohomo

Reaction score
It would take a perfect storm of talent, durability, dedication to the running game, and an overly proud owner with nothing left to market but his RB's chase of the NFL rushing record.

Reaction score
I thought our latest UDFA find Darrell Scott was a shoe in to break it... :confused

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It would take a perfect storm of talent, durability, dedication to the running game, and an overly proud owner with nothing left to market but his RB's chase of the NFL rushing record.

suddenly a wild poster appears.

don't scare him off

Reaction score
I got misty-eyed too.

Dallas was so bad, they had to cut into like a Jaguars vs. Browns game to show it live, so the tears quickly dried when Mark Brunell returned to my screen.

#nohomo

Yeah, my first jersey was Emmitts too.

Back when he broke the record, one of the papers (DMN?) was selling their front page as like a picture you could frame or whatever. My then gf ordered one, real nice print. Then had it matted and framed. Looks good as shit. I loved that thing. Was hanging in my home office for a few years. Then I took it down, wrapped it up for a move, and it's been in the garage still wrapped since about 2006.

I should probably try and Ebay that or sell it. If only we had a Market Zone.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I still have the game on VHS somewhere. The embrace between emmitt and Moose is what got me.

Emmitt was a favorite of mine until I heard him butcher the English language.

If it weren't for afletic talent. . .

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Is this a, this happened on one day in history type of deal?

Why are we talking about this?

Top Bottom