cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Why was my thread about the Maui fires being planned deleted and who fucking did it? I though this was a censorship free site.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just re-post it. On my permission.

Internetking owns the site and there's never been a "no censor" policy. He can and does do as he sees fit. It's his property. I don't know anything about your thread, I could take the time to look at the logs and see who did what, but it's not worth the time. Just re-post it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why was my thread about the Maui fires being planned deleted and who fucking did it? I though this was a censorship free site.
Hmm, not sure who deleted it or why but it shouldn't have happened.

Just re-post it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
there's never been a "no censor" policy.
I'll clarify this. There IS a "no censor policy" when it comes to opinions about the Dallas Cowboys or anyone or anything associated with it including football itself. That's the very genesis of this site. On other sites particularly the "zone" you can literally get banned for having a take or an opinion about the team or the sport, that their management doesn't like. Never here.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS SUBJECT TO MODERATION though, which can and does include deleted posts or threads. Can include merged posts and threads. In this way the DCU is like any other site.

Internetking can delete anything he wants and the only time he will get pushback from me is if it's content having to do with the team or the sport. He knows better however, than to do any censoring or moderating of such content.

Hope that clears shit up. If IK deletes a political thread or post of yours, tough noogies. But he needs to explain it when/if he does and if you didn't get an explanation then simply re-post the material.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Example of moderating - I have moved this thread into the correct forum.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll clarify this. There IS a "no censor policy" when it comes to opinions about the Dallas Cowboys or anyone or anything associated with it including football itself. That's the very genesis of this site. On other sites particularly the "zone" you can literally get banned for having a take or an opinion about the team or the sport, that their management doesn't like. Never here.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS SUBJECT TO MODERATION though, which can and does include deleted posts or threads. Can include merged posts and threads. In this way the DCU is like any other site.

Internetking can delete anything he wants and the only time he will get pushback from me is if it's content having to do with the team or the sport. He knows better however, than to do any censoring or moderating of such content.

Hope that clears shit up. If IK deletes a political thread or post of yours, tough noogies. But he needs to explain it when/if he does and if you didn't get an explanation then simply re-post the material.
Honestly, this is 100% bullshit Dooms.

There shouldn't be any moderation of people's opinions regardless of what the topic is.

I will not support this site any longer if this is going to become the norm.

The way to correctly "moderate" a site is to let people post whatever stupid shit they want, and then let the members deal with them. Eventually someone with a completely dipshit take will just leave if they get trashed out by the remainder of the forum.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Honestly, this is 100% bullshit Dooms
It's just 100 percent reality.

Plus, we don't even know if there was such a thread. AND the alleged injured party was invited to re-post it.

It is what it is. It's not some great calamity. This is IK's private property. None of us have any "rights" on private property.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The way to correctly "moderate" a site is to let people post whatever stupid shit they want, and then let the members deal with them. Eventually someone with a completely dipshit take will just leave if they get trashed out by the remainder of the forum
Until your host suspends you for violating the end user licensing agreement.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
my guess is that it was too QAnon-ish for the owner of this site

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Plus, we don't even know if there was such a thread.

Not for nothing Dooms.....but this is kind of off the wall. Do you think cml is lying? I saw the thread, BTW.

I get what you're saying but if the thread was deleted (which it was), the person who deleted it should just say so and why. And we move on.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's just 100 percent reality.

Plus, we don't even know if there was such a thread. AND the alleged injured party was invited to re-post it.

It is what it is. It's not some great calamity. This is IK's private property. None of us have any "rights" on private property.
Interesting coincidence of word choice.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Until your host suspends you for violating the end user licensing agreement.
Then someone needs to share exactly what the violations were.

This is a fucking internet forum, nobody is being required to pay anything to post/read here and nothing is being sold here. I can't imagine what "end user licensing agreements" would even come into question.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Then someone needs to share exactly what the violations were
I don't know that there were any, I was merely making an example.
This is a fucking internet forum, nobody is being required to pay anything to post/read here and nothing is being sold here. I can't imagine what "end user licensing agreements" would even come into question
Forum boards get suspended by their hosts all the time. It only takes one complaint.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
My deleted thread which was 100% deleted was asking the question about the Maui fire asking if they were planned. There was a fucking book about the fires published and for sale on Amazon during the fires. How the fuck does that happen without prior knowledge that it would happen? I posed it in the form of a question. Below is a link to an article about it. I will not post a new thread if someone found it so damn offensive they felt the need to delete it. It is not exactly what I posted. My deleted post referenced a "Tweet" from someone about it. I also posted a link to the book on Amazon to prove it was not bullshit. I have lost a little faith in this moderation of this site.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I will not post a new thread if someone found it so damn offensive they felt the need to delete it
Nobody knows what happened. IK isn't responding. Just re-post the thread and maybe we'll find out what happened. It's even possible though remote, that it was accidentally removed. It's actually not hard to have such an accident.

Just re-post it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Top Bottom